Heaton Lodge Junction, Bath & West Showground

PMP

Western Thunderer
C583497F-EE9A-43C8-9693-8176EA6C8895.jpeg
This weekend for a three day show Heaton Lodge Junction is at Shepton Mallet. Changes since Wakefield are a DMU depot and locomotive MPD added into the storage sidings (both still WIP). It’s a more traditional type of show this time with trade and other layouts attending.

PMP

Western Thunderer
All that unused room in the center - you could have a completely different show in there... Or a marching band, or a pub, or RC model aircraft taking off and landing...
It’s full of pointy and heavy bits of metal, cable trip hazards, H&S nightmare!

On a logic note it’s quite a neat idea on break down. Everything is immediately to hand including racking etc. We(5) took it apart, layout racked and stacked, and filled a 7.5t support truck in about 8 hours.
This is prior to support truck completed, and the layout sections to go into 2 x 40ft artics.
1ED47505-F456-4A8A-A048-483B44AB1FCA.jpeg

AJC

Western Thunderer
I think an 8 hour breakdown is a pretty fair effort given the complexity and what, the second or third time of trying? Hope you're putting your feet up now, Paul.

Adam

Reactions: PMP

PMP

Western Thunderer
I think an 8 hour breakdown is a pretty fair effort given the complexity and what, the second or third time of trying? Hope you're putting your feet up now, Paul.

Adam
Thanks Adam, we were pleased with the 8 hours, (2nd time out) it definitely helps that the five of us work well together and ‘understand’ the concept of how it builds, and breaks. A lot of thought went into the design and the quality of the boards, (particularly Tim Horn’s), wiring, trestles, backscene, and lighting help massively. Because of the size of the layout there’s a lot of similar tasks, and once you get into a work flow quite quickly. I had to leave them yesterday as I was on an 0550 wake up this morning. Having walked 39 miles since last Wednesday I didn’t have any trouble sleeping.

Reactions: AJC