Trade Heljan - at it again

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
browsing the new Tower catalogue, at the bottom of page 14 it states:

"Heljan are considering producing a Class 42 Warship, Class 25 and Class 45 for release in 2015. Production will be subject to us receiving sufficient advance orders."

over to you Mr Starter...................

cheers

Mike

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Any more details on the class 25? Which series, which brakes, etc?
2 years may give me enough time to start saving!

Hi Simon,

my post quoted the Tower 'ad' in full, so perhaps an email to Denmark with your requirements might start the ball rolling, but as with most of their previous models, it would seem that 'original' production is the order of the day.

cheers

Mike

tomstaf

Western Thunderer
browsing the new Tower catalogue, at the bottom of page 14 it states:

"Heljan are considering producing a Class 42 Warship, Class 25 and Class 45 for release in 2015. Production will be subject to us receiving sufficient advance orders."

over to you Mr Starter...................

cheers

Mike

Which means 2016-7 has got to be when they start producing the important locos (73, 56 & 58 :p). Was there any mention of progress on the GUV?

Cheers

Tom

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Was there any mention of progress on the GUV?
Cheers, Tom

early 2014 according to the top of page 13 - "most of the models (five versions of the GUV) will be produced in batches of 100" - no mention if there will be any re-runs (there have been no re-runs that I know of to date)

HJ4990 GUV Parcels Red
HJ4991 GUV Maroon
HJ4992 GUV Blue & Grey
HJ4993 GUV Blue 'Newspapers'
HJ4994 GUV SR Green

price reduced to £240 for four or more.

cheers

Mike

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Surely if a production run gets sold out and modellers keep asking about them, then it would make sense to do a re-run:confused:.

Rob:)

ZiderHead

Western Thunderer
I dont know about that - Dapol's 4mm CL22 appear to have been flying off the shelves judging by the response in the other place, although I suppose its easier to find space for a small Type 2 than a Western on most layouts ...

taliesin

Western Thunderer
I think there are different issues here, the class 22 is considered niche due to its relatively short life and operational area but 4mm manufacturers have little to release that has not been released in the past so for them it's a case of significant upgrades of models that have not been done for a while. In 7mm there are still big gaps in the rtr market for what could be considered common or popular. Look at the steam releases for Hornby this year, Duke of Gloucester for instance, a less than successful one off, cheers Rob

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
I note Tower see themselves as the Sole Supplier again...:rolleyes: ;)
Yes they do don't they :rolleyes:...... I buy my new Heljan's from Rails as they offer the same prices & offer good service too ;)
With the best will in the world, locos such as WR Hydraulics are a 'niche' market.
Maybe we should see how well the Western sells before we jump to that conclusion.........Tower didn't have to try at all to sell the re run of the DJH Warship kit
Following the undoubted success of the 31, I should imagine there shouldn't be any worries about demand for Common or Garden types such as 25 & 45....:)
I think they are all good choices personally, but they are already committed ? to producing the AC Railbus, Western, Class 40 & Class 60 so it will be a long wait for whichever one they do decide to produce ;)

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
Don't forget the class 40 & 44-46 bogies are basically the same animals so they are nearly half way there already

ZiderHead

Western Thunderer
I think a RTR 7mm class 22 would be a BIG seller in 7mm :thumbs:

I reckon you're right there, and unless someone comes out with a decent (preferably brass) kit in the next couple of years, Dapol will be getting some of my beer money for one. Having said that I'm hoping that as soon as Dapol officially announce it, ebay will be flooded with unbuilt SB kits ;)

Railwaymaniac

Western Thunderer
I reckon you're right there, and unless someone comes out with a decent (preferably brass) kit in the next couple of years, Dapol will be getting some of my beer money for one. Having said that I'm hoping that as soon as Dapol officially announce it, ebay will be flooded with unbuilt SB kits ;)
JLTRT?

I actually saw (and fondled) the body-shell of one of these at Kettering . . . :thumbs:

Ian

Railwaymaniac

Western Thunderer
Well - It looked like a Class 22 to me . . .
- Sorry, but I'm not one of the experts on here. I'm sure one will be along any moment now!

And they don't actually 'do one' just yet. What I saw was pre-production castings that they had stuck together.

But I'll probably get one when they finally appear :) :thumbs:

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Any more details on the class 25? Which series, which brakes, etc?
2 years may give me enough time to start saving!

Hi Simon,

an update of sorts in that there is an announcement in the News section of the latest Model Rail that states that the 25 will be 25/1 & 25/3 - hope that this suits you.

cheers

Mike