7mm Heljan news

Compton castle

Western Thunderer
I've got a green one on its way now I've never really liked the westerns in green so it will be interesting to see it before it goes to its new home

warren haywood

Western Thunderer
I picked up about 30 yesterday in all 5 colours. Fishing today but will post some pickys tomorrow if im not beaten to it.
Noticed a couple of minor faults on a quick inspection last night.
Angle where works plate fits is not deep enough so an etched plate has to go over join in paneling
Front corners around cab windows are silver, they should be body colour ( only checked a maroon one here)
All in all they look pretty good although a little fragile around bogies and those lamp irons look as though they might snap off if you sneezed a bit close to them
Warren

Compton castle

Western Thunderer
image.jpg
I agree with the fragility of certain parts, the plastic mouldings fixed to the under side are particularly easy to knock off.
Having said that it's a great model.
See my thread for more pictures. Steve O gauge layout Projects. In the layouts section.

alcazar

The brake rodding is made of a very springy plastic, so no worries there.

I saw that pic of SIX and thought, "Crikey, what does THAT guy do for a living????"

LOL

alcazar

Yes.

Tell you what though, it's only taken a day or so and they are all over ebay, best price I've seen is £445 post free.