7mm Heljan news

clarky

Western Thunderer
Hi Tom

A 33 in Blue.

Reminds me of Exeter St Davids, because that's where I saw most of mine. I've been really temted to get a Heljan one for later, but I haven't yet.

Be careful with the 47/8. A lot of them had the chopped buffer beam fairing and lower cab mod. Lots of headcode panel variations too (some palted over and some filled in completely)

I'm sure you know that anyway!

Have fun

Clarky

tomstaf

Western Thunderer
Thanks Clarky,

It'll be a chopped buffer beam for sure as I prefer them, and I'm going for the rubberised headcode lights as I like them too. That narrows down my selection a bit :) But then again I like snow ploughs. Looks over at 47 767 'Mappa Mundi'...

Cheers

Tom

Steph Dale

Western Thunderer
The 47 parts are a work in progress but will appear in due course. There is a range of 7mm products listed on the Shawplan site: http://www.shawplan.com/extreme_loco7mm.html

Thanks for posting the link, Tom!

That's a bloody result; the JLTRT class 50 moves slightly closer to the top of the pile as a result of seeing the radiator fan listed. It now just leaves me to finish drawing up the replacement bogies...

Steph

clarky

Western Thunderer
Here you go CME.

As supplied and as fitted.

The DJH ones are £11.00 per set plus £5.95 postage per order.

I've never used the JLRT ones.

Graeme

Attachments

• DSCN0095.JPG
    DSCN0095.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 37
  • DSCN0101.JPG
    DSCN0101.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 40

Cliff Williams

Western Thunderer
This was interesting!
Tower Models supplied Guilplates with their limited edition D1000 but the lion on wheel etch let it down. Steve Fay encouraged me to try Seven Mill for a better etch, lo and behold look at the size difference on the plates. Think I will ping Dave at Tower about it.20131225_204548-1.jpg

clarky

Western Thunderer
Hi Cliff. The Guilplates definitely look wrong in terms of size, but also the lettering/font doesn't look right. Especially since Enterprise's plates were much taller (the same as the numberplates) wheras the rest of the fleet had narrower plates. I think Severn Mill are excellent!

Steph Dale

Western Thunderer
Looking at the Guilplates versions, I wonder if they prepared the artwork as for a standard Western 'plate and then enlarged it until the height matched the numberplates. So doing would lead to an over-long nameplate and make a complete Horlicks of the font.

After recent threads I think most of us are now in agreement that the Severn Mill ones are the way to go. Which reminds me, I really need to order my set for Champion.
Steph

clarky

Western Thunderer
Steph

I think the view here is that the bigger Severn Mill plates (the top ones) are correct and that the Guilplates as fitted by Tower are where the Horlicks was made.

Or have I misunderstood you?

G

Cliff Williams

Western Thunderer
gwrbsh1321.jpg

The new larger plate is better. I should have checked before I fitted the Guilplates on the loco (Tower did not fit them they leave you to do it) as they do look too small.
One more pic I found http://www.flickr.com/photos/55184015@N00/85274064/

This is the loco with original Guilplates on it:
Heljan Western D1000 Desert Sand weathered sound (4).jpg