7mm Heljan news

Cliff Williams

Western Thunderer
Its a mixture of colours courtesy Martyn Welch, need to go and have a look again.
Humbrol Satin black on the wheels first then some other doses of crap to bring it up to a light traffic level.

Cliff Williams

Western Thunderer
Jury is out on the rims Jon! I know they should be polished but I think they would look better that way if the wheel profile was a little beyyer. Plus the crap soon covered them up. I will keep looking for pics if D1000 then decide what to do.

clarky

Western Thunderer
How could BR let their premier fleet get into the state they did??

Great for modelling, but trully terrible!

I guess it means that no matter how much we weather our locos, there were always some real ones that looked even worse!!

Fabulous photos!

G

Compton castle

Western Thunderer
image.jpg
image.jpg
This is the picture I used For the positioning, looks good to me but I suppose with out the original plate to physically measure I can't be 100 percent certain. It's far better than the guilplates version.

alcazar

The lion and wheel would benefit from being cast, or stamped, from whitemetal, IMHO, as would the foxes for Silver Fox and the Falcons for ....Falcon.

The etched lion and wheel doesn't do it for me. Forget the plates size might be slightly out, the lion and wheel just does not work.

Jim S-W

Western Thunderer
It does indeed. By drawing 2 parallel lines on the prototype and comparing with the battery boxes, assuming that the panels on the model are right (always dangerous with Heljan) I reckon the plates need to be somewhere in the region of 5% smaller (adjusted image shown below)

western%20enterprise.jpg

clarky

Western Thunderer
Interesting point.

I saw Enterprise in service several times and you could tell it was her a mile off from the massive plates.

I think they are perfect

G

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
Is there enough space on on the Heljan valance for a builders plate?.......it looks far narrower than the prototype in that area:confused: