Heljan O Gauge Class 33

Status
Not open for further replies.

nascar24

Just looked on Ebay and there is a Class 33 for sale in BR blue, it looks like one bogie has brass wheels and the other has blackened wheels?

Al

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
That does look appealing but why have Heljan replicated a model that has already been made
and will they ever produce a Western

Ian

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
I dont understand that the Deltic will sell out and fastly become a collectors item a Western which has the same appeal would surely follow suit

Ian

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
iploffy said:
I dont understand that the Deltic will sell out and fastly become a collectors item a Western which has the same appeal would surely follow suit

Ian

Yes I agree it would probably be a big seller, but I suspect the disappointing sales of the 7mm Hymek combined with the rivet counters slagging off the 4mm Heljan Western makes it unlikely  :(

Phill  :wave:

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
so correct me if I am wrong they produced a 35 cocked it up it didn't sell then they introduced others which sold there is no reason why they don't produce 1

Ian

Steph Dale

Western Thunderer
Ian,

I thought the Heljan Hymek was a work of art; miles ahead of the NQLTRT ones, cheaper and without the hassle of actually building the ruddy thing.  I agree the kit version has some nice 'twiddly bits'; but for it, finish and overall effect it'd be the Heljan one for me.

I had actually understood that the model had sold well to the point that they did a second run; it's this second run that has led to a modicum of over-supply.

Steph (Curious)

28ten

Guv'nor
Steph Dale said:
Ian,

I thought the Heljan Hymek was a work of art; miles ahead of the NQLTRT ones, cheaper and without the hassle of actually building the ruddy thing.  I agree the kit version has some nice 'twiddly bits'; but for it, finish and overall effect it'd be the Heljan one for me.

I had actually understood that the model had sold well to the point that they did a second run; it's this second run that has led to a modicum of over-supply.

Steph (Curious)

Thats roughly what I thought. they did a second run of (I think) 150, the GNYP has sold out but the GFYP didnt sell so well (no surprise as its fugly!)
At what seems to be a going price of ?375 the Heljan imho represents good value.

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
28ten said:
they did a second run of (I think) 150, the GNYP has sold out but the GFYP didnt sell so well (no surprise as its fugly!)
At what seems to be a going price of ?375 the Heljan imho represents good value.

I think GFYP looks really nice........each to there own eh. I think the BFYP  seemed to sell less too  ???. The Heljan Hymek is one of the best RTR loco's ever in any scale  IMO  8) 8) 8)...........far better than the JLTRT Hymek & half the price  :thumbs:

Phill

BTW I would love to see any more 7mm Hydraulics from Heljan & I would buy them  :thumbs:

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
CME & Bottlewasher said:
Hi All :wave:

Does anyone know if Heljan have got the roof details right on the GSYE Class 33's?

TTFN

CME :wave:

From what pics I've seen the roof looks the same for both livery's..........didn't the roof mods get done very early anyway ?

Phill  :wave:

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
Steph Dale said:
Ian,

Steph (Curious)

Steph thats not quite what I meant. I am no rivet counter and my bodging knows no bounds I was not saying the 35 isn't good it's a cracking loco and I want more of them it's just the posting that there were so many unsold loco's

Ian

Steph Dale

Western Thunderer
iploffy said:
Steph thats not quite what I meant. I am no rivet counter and my bodging knows no bounds I was not saying the 35 isn't good it's a cracking loco and I want more of them it's just the posting that there were so many unsold loco's

Ian

Aah, got it!  Right y'are...  ;)

Steph

28ten

Guv'nor
Phill Dyson said:
I think GFYP looks really nice........each to there own eh.
Phill

BTW I would love to see any more 7mm Hydraulics from Heljan & I would buy them  :thumbs:
You have gone down in my estimation now  :)) :))

I think times are difficult for any manufacturer at the moment, and its not helped by duplication. Personally I cant understand why nobody apart from easybuild has produced any first gen dmu's  :scratch:

D1054

Western Thunderer
Well I've just succumbed, and two days ago and bought a BSYP Heljan Hymek from Howes which arrived today :thumbs:

It's a cracking model - the only RTR loco I have (although the Heljan 33 looks very good too!). Glad I waited for the price to drop though - compared to many other kits and RTR's on the market, I think the Hymek now presents some real value for money at ?250. It'll be straight into the paintshop for BFYE mind you! And a modicum of weathering a la D7030 below....

Attachments

• D7030 Bournemouth Central Summer 72.jpg
    578.5 KB · Views: 2

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
fantastic be carefull applying the primer I have heard tell that the plastic Is difficult to paint

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.