Hello from Birchington (Kent).

BrianBushell

Thank you for accepting me into your forum. My son Jonathan Bushell ( known to you as Scale7JB ) suggested I would enjoy the content of WESTERN THUNDER! Thanks Jonathan! It looks very interesting and I hope to submit some bits that might interest a few members?

My history starter was a Hornby Dublo double track on an 8x4 foot board when TV had a man making a bonfire in the intervals and close down about 10.30 pm, not that I was allowed to stay up that late! That 3 rail track was so convenient and no problems about current pick up!

From there railway mania developed with intervals like a pharmacy degree and marriage but now back to railroading in earnest. On the way I gave Scale7JB the bug and he has, it has to be said, has eclipsed me now by his passion for Scale 7 and On3. I am happy with On30 and LGB and HO ( US early diesels ) and still a little OO ( GWR & SR). I model on three levels ( two of which are connected with a long incline ) and virtually all scenic so different scales can be accommodated at different times.

Just to make things interesting the HO is DC and the On30 is DCC/SOUND! But of course both can run on the same PECO track not at the same time. Track is not prototypical for either scale but it works. To accommodate the DC with quite a lot of track there are more than 30 isolated sections. So when running DCC all the sections are turned on and it works fine.

I hope this has been of interest to members of the forum.

Heather Kay

Western Thunderer
Hello Brian! Another new member from Kent. Welcome to the friendliest model railway forum on the internet!

*waves from the outskirts of the Medway Towns*

Jonathan will no doubt have instructed that our main currency is photos. We like to see what people are doing, as well as read about it.

BrianBushell

Hello Brian! Another new member from Kent. Welcome to the friendliest model railway forum on the internet!

*waves from the outskirts of the Medway Towns*

Jonathan will no doubt have instructed that our main currency is photos. We like to see what people are doing, as well as read about it.
Good morning Heather! Yes Jonathan said that and being very old I need him to instruct me how to "do" the 800p x 600p images. I have plenty of images and more to come as just started another extension for Logging Area of middle layer of layout. Fascinated by early logging in N America and Canada.

Oz7mm

Western Thunderer
Hi Brian and welcome from the other JB.

Logging? I feel some Shays Climaxes and Heislers coming soon.

John

Thanks Guys for Welcome!

BrianBushell

Yes indeedy Shays, Climaxes and one Heisler coming soon! And 2-8-0s and 2-4-4-2 and 2-6-0s in pretty yellow and a green one! Thanks to Scale7JB Shays are running well! Not forgetting 2x Whitcombe Centre Cab diesels in yellow and black. And a surprise not even Scale7JB does not know about soon? Also early diesels for AT&SF and D&RGW in HO DC for those who are not into logging.