Hello from Cinderford

Barry37

Western Thunderer
Rather belated Hello!
I joined in 2021, but seem to have failed to do an introduction. I'm Barry, who with my wife, Jean, ran Cambrian Models from 1973 until we sold the business in 2017. My late brother, Colin (who also posted on WT) was a partner in the business from 1980 till 1985.
Since selling Cambrian Models, we've only been semi-retired, as we retained the 3D printed items, which have rather grown in number.
As to modelling for myself, there were several 16mm scale garden railways. Our current garden is too small for a garden railway, so I have been working on a 4mm (OO) layout that is in the loft room. This is a model of Blodwell Junction on the Tanat Valley Railway, which can portray the period from 1923 until the end of freight working. One day soon, I'll start a "Layout" thread.
This is the middle part of the layout, recreating a photo in the early 1960s. Bachmann Ivatt and brake, and a rake of Cambrian Dogfish (Colin made the moulds for these). It will have a photographic backscene.
Blodwell with dogfishSmall.jpg

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
From Cinderford, eh? There's a few Forest of Dean layouts on here, and enthusiasts for the railways of the area. You should feel at home!! :) :thumbs:

Alan

Western Thunderer
Welcome, I'm one of the ones Jordan mentioned with a layout based in the Forest. i was born and brought up in Gloucester and as a youth played football for Minsterworth and many of our games were in thr Forest.

Barry37

Western Thunderer
Welcome, I'm one of the ones Jordan mentioned with a layout based in the Forest. i was born and brought up in Gloucester and as a youth played football for Minsterworth and many of our games were in thr Forest.
Thanks.
We moved to the Forest in 2018, though we used to travel through the area when we lived in mid-Wales in the 1980s.