Hello from CLACKS.

Discussion in 'New members' started by Bill Wood, 7 June 2021.

1. Bill Wood

Bill Wood Member

Hi, my name is Bill from the smallest county in Scotland, Clackmannanshire. I have been modelling for around 30yrs or so. Came to railway modelling after a successful spell of aircraft modelling and never looked back. My interests are mostly 4mm scale and predominately centre on the blue period . Specifically interested in the scottish scene in particular the West Highland Line and most recently the Far North Line. I have built three exhibition layouts to date and currently building a fourth one. Most notable were Kinlochewe and Glenfinnan which can be found on the RMweb and also featured in national modelling magazines. My latest creation I hope to feature here soon once I have something to show is Laggan Bridge .

2. Heather Kay

Heather Kay Western Thunderer

Welcome, Bill, to the friendliest modelling forum on the internet!

Our main currency is pictures. Lots of pictures. So remember to have your camera or phone handy when you start working on something. :thumbs:

Pencarrow likes this.
  3. simond

simond Western Thunderer

wot she said...

Arun Sharma and Bill Wood like this.
  4. John Duffy

John Duffy Western Thunderer

Hi Bill. Scottish region blue era - what's not to love?

5. Bill Wood

Bill Wood Member

Hi,
    Thanks for the welcome, rest assured there will be plenty of pics. Just started laying the track, once I've decided it's ok, will let folks have a peek!!
    Bill.

6. Bill Wood

Bill Wood Member

Exactly, can't see why I should bother with anything else! It was a great time to be around .
    Bill.

7. Waveydavey

Waveydavey Member

Hi Bill,

I'm a regular visitor to Clackmannanshire as my parents moved there a few years.
    And, completely coincidentally, my P4 layout Clackmannan Goods is set in Alloa in 1975.

Cheers

David

8. daifly

daifly Western Thunderer

Hi Bill
    Can I be the first to request that you post all photos at full size rather than as thumbnails please. To avoid re-posting, you can edit your previous posts and click on the 'Full Size' option.
    Thanks
    Dave

Pencarrow, Dan Randall, AJC and 2 others like this.
  9. Bill Wood

Bill Wood Member

Ooops! sorry Dave. Hadn't realised I had done so!

daifly likes this.
  10. Bill Wood

Bill Wood Member

Hi David,
    I'm actually from Alloa and curious to know more about Clackmannan Goods. I have a mate who has modelled a scene from Alloa in O' gauge which goes by the name Glasshouse Loan.

11. Bill Wood

Bill Wood Member

Hi Dave,
    Not sure if I have taken the right action. In my haste to re-size my photos I ended up duplicating them and could not delete the unwanted ones. will try again.
    Bill.

12. daifly

daifly Western Thunderer

Hi Bill
    Just upload the required photos to your email then put the insertion point (the flashing vertical bar) where you want the photo to appear in the text and click on 'Full image'.
    Move the insertion point to where you want the next photo to appear and click 'Full image' again etc.
    Finally, click on 'Save changes'. Job done.
    Dave

13. Bill Wood

Bill Wood Member

Hi Dave, again! So, I take it I can't upload a photo from my own library direct to the forum or the same will happen again! or can I. But it must be full size???????? Confused.com?

14. daifly

daifly Western Thunderer

You can upload a file from any source by using the ‘Upload File’ option. You just need to select ‘Full Image’ when you add the uploaded file to your post otherwise your photo will be displayed as a thumbnail which is a PITA!
    Dave

15. Bill Wood

Bill Wood Member

Think I might have finally got it! Doh!!

16. simond

simond Western Thunderer

Is it me, I don’t have photos of any description in this thread?

17. Alan

Alan Western Thunderer

Likewise!

18. Bill Wood

Bill Wood Member

Hi,
    Sorry I haven't been posting but I've been rather busy with some repairs to my MG roadster. This is purely a test shot to check if I have got it right. This is from one of my previous layouts Kinlochewe which featured in BRM mag. 044.JPG

Mike Garwood, Neil, AJC and 6 others like this.
  19. simond

simond Western Thunderer

Excellent! you can post pix of your MG in the Petrol Heads thread too!