Hello from Fulham

FulhamTim

As I have posted a couple of times it seems rude not to have introduced myself.

I retired this year with plans of all I intended to do. Like most it has not been a brilliant year.
My plan is to build a ScaleSeven model of Bodiam Staion on the KESR around 1950s. Just before the line was closed to passenger traffic. I started to put the baseboards together when my wife decided I had to decorate a bedroom (stripping the walls back to brickwork and replumbing and the room for the railway has become temporary storage. Hopefully it will be mine again in a few weeks).

This is the baseboards thus far.

Baseboards_in_garden.jpg

I also have the track plan drawn on Templot and have started to build the track.

Bodiam_templot_trackpad_screenshot.jpg

I have also started to put together a web site (Bodiam Station - Home Page) to collect my research and thoughts together (it seemed an easy way to keep links/data etc) and a record of progress - the website domain lasts for an initial ten years so it will be interesting to see how far I get before I have to renew it.

If anyone has any 1950s photographs of Bodiam Station then I would be really grateful - and if necessary I have a small budget to pay for some.

Keep safe everyone

cbrailways

Western Thunderer
Hi Tim. Just to let you know your website looks OK on my tablet, with no need to resize anything. Which website hosting service are you using? I have just shut my original one down as being too expensive to run on a personal basis.

FulhamTim

I use NetNerd (it was FreeVirtualServers) Cheap Web Hosting UK | Super-Fast Cloud Hosting - NetNerd. I have used them for nearly 15 years for a variety of sites. The Bodiam Station is on their free hosting service - you have 100Mb of storage and one SQL database. I just had to pay for the domain name £69 for ten years). I also use a range of their other hosting services. Their support services is brilliant, which is important. Possibly a bit tech but the only issue with their free hosting is that they are moving to the latest version of PHP (and SQL) which I found quite different from PHP 5.x It has meant learning new code syntax etc and also hand coding as my wyswyg software has not been updated :(

Lancastrian

Western Thunderer
Hello and welcome to WT Tim.

Just had a look at your webpage :thumbs: One observation, you have a missing N from functioning ;)

Ian