Hello from Milton Keynes

John Bradshaw

Western Thunderer
Hello from Milton Keynes, I model GWR and SR in OO as well as Japanese HO (1/80) as well as collecting brass HO North American models. I keep thinking about building a small O GWR branch layout, probably the ultimate model railway cliché but nevertheless a nice one.

3 LINK

Western Thunderer
Welcome John,

Nothing wrong with anything GWR, quite a few of us model in 7mm including myself, so look forward to a proposed track plan, etc.

All the best,

Martyn.

Mike W

Western Thunderer
Welcome John. I was in MK for 20 years, now just a few miles away - much ridiculed but has a lot going for it.

The main thing we like on here is pictures!

Mike

JasonD

Western Thunderer
Hello from Milton Keynes, I model GWR and SR in OO as well as Japanese HO (1/80) as well as collecting brass HO North American models. I keep thinking about building a small O GWR branch layout, probably the ultimate model railway cliché but nevertheless a nice one.

Inevitably adding to your collection of Nth American brass brings a huge sigh of satisfaction, etc, etc so I presume the GWR branchline will be the Great Western Railway in Saskatchewan, Canada. Good choice! Welcome John!!
Jason

mth

Western Thunderer
Hi John,
Welcome to the madhouse
Looks like the Milton Keynes mob is slowly taking over...........
I've lived here for about 24 years now and currently in Bletchley....(watching the flyover slowly disappearing)

Mat

John Bradshaw

Western Thunderer
I must, alas, report a reduction in the Milton Keynes contingent, we moved to Singapore last year, we are now 7 months in and loving it here. Quite a move but we moved from Cumbria to MK, and at the risk of sounding a bit flippant once you move out of your local area then distance really doesn't matter that much really. I haven't done any modelling yet sadly, there is a big following for plastic kits here and sci-fi fantasy modelling but model railways seems to be a very niche interest and I suspect largely confined to foreigners. No real trains here but the MRT is one of the best metro railways in the world and is a staggeringly efficient and well run operation. I have bought a few things from the UK to build up a backlog of things to do, it is actually no less convenient than when I was in England and for more expensive purchases the VAT deduction outweighs the shipping cost. If I do a layout here it will have to be N gauge I think as apartments are not especially big unless your pockets are extremely deep.