Hello from New Hampshire

Ken Ford

Hello, all - I’m Ken from Windham NH, about 35 miles north of Boston. I used to be on RMweb years ago, most of my modeling has been US based but I’ve also been interested in UK outline for many years. Over time I’ve settled into Proto:48 for the US modeling and 7mm for the UK. I do have side interests such as O14, and I’m compelled to dabble in both US and UK N scale.

I am building a new home in Texas with my fiancé, and will have a dedicated 20 x 20 railway room above the garage - there are no basements in Central Texas. I plan on doing two completely separate simple linear layouts - an upper deck with a post 2000 industrial park switching layout and a early 1950s / early 1960s switchable era WR branchline terminus layout on the lower deck.

I’ll be trying to read more than I talk and learn about a different region than my past interests. Many thanks to @Scale7JB and @richard carr for inviting me to the forum.

Big Train James

Western Thunderer
Hi Ken,
We also spoke at the Chicago show, I'm that guy that sold you the mp15dc, and that put you onto Richard and JB at the show. Hopefully the three of you get along, so nobody has to blame me for anything! :eek::oops::D Welcome to WT!

Focalplane

Western Thunderer
Hi Ken

Know what you mean about no basements in Texas! Over in Houston we had slabs of concrete cracking over gumbo clay.

Welcome aboard WT. Since no-one above has said it, the currency here is photographs, lots of them, videos too.

Paul