Hello from Oxfordshire

MikeOxon

I have been writing a blog on RMWeb for several years but, while that site is down, a friend suggested I might try here - I've already noticed several familiar names on the member-list.

I tend to work at the opposite end of the GWR time-scale from the diesel era suggested by 'Western Thunder' but right from the earliest days, the GWR has tended to be 'different'. Diesel Hydraulics and Broad Gauge have something in common, in that respect.

Over the last couple of years, I've been exploring the use of 3D printing for model-making and intend to write up some of my thoughts in the CAD parts of these forums. I look forward to renewing old acquaintances her and finding new ones,
Mike

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
I dunno.... "waifs & strays" seems to me to be a different category to the giggling incompetence required for a seat at The Back of the Class.
Maybe we should set up a rehabilitation clinic for those suffering withdrawal symptoms, or more serious trauma resulting from the latest (& possibly worst) shipwrecking that Over There* has encountered.

* For new members, the term "Over There" specifically means RMweb, to save having to type out "over on the RMweb Forum", which is the Other Place a lot of us inhabit as well as here.

adrian

Flying Squad
Over the last couple of years, I've been exploring the use of 3D printing for model-making and intend to write up some of my thoughts in the CAD parts of these forums.
I would be interested in in that as I'm just starting out in that area and guidance for a newbie would be appreciated.

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
Looking forward to your continuation on here, Mike. Wonder if there’s a “Waifs and Strays” corner reserved for us?
We do have a Naughty Corner.... :)

Apologies for increasingly off-topic thread hijacking. :oops: