hello from the wastelands of staffordshire !

Bagnall built

hello all ,

thought id say hello from sunny Staffordshire,

so a quick bit of background information ,

I have been modelling for years now , my dads a very good 4mm modeler and expert model painter rc cars and planes stuff like that in the 90s etc .
now i've messed around with stuff from N to G but never 7mm, so why all of a sudden the change of heart well unfortunately at the timely age of 25 i've lost the sight in one eye mostly and the other isnt brilliant so an "Unwanted " Move to 7mm was necessary to continue to make models , as wagon building is something i rather liked in 4mm so plan to do the same in 7mm .

So after a while i wanted to find a forum where people actually made something or made it look realistic rather than open the box and whine about lack of this and that with out trying to rectify the lack off .

so i hope you wont mind my somewhat bodging attempts at making things .

many thanks

James

simond

Western Thunderer
Welcome!

sorry to hear of your vision issues. I’m sure Rod won’t mind if I point you at his layout on t’other channel.

do please post picture of what you’re up to. We like pictures!

atb
Simon

Rob R

Western Thunderer
James,
Welcome to the broad church that is WT.
A friendly bunch with an insaitiable huge appetite for photos (has someone already said that?) and a veritable goldmine of help and information from people who really do know their stuff.
Rob (in not so sunny Cheshire)

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Hi James,

welcome to WT from another modeller with sight issues. As others have said photos are our currency (posted full size please) and lots of them.

regards

Mike

Stephen Freeman

Western Thunderer
Hi every one, thanks for the warm welcome , dont get me wrong there are parts of the land that are the bases for the shire of middle earth but i live a little too close to mordor Stoke .

View attachment 162045View attachment 162049View attachment 162050
Worry not there are plenty of places in Cheshire that bear a closer resemblance to Mordor, though perhaps not as much as they once did. People seem to forget the influence of the Salt and Chemical Industry in the area, very interesting if wagons are an interest though.

simond

Western Thunderer
I rather think of Cheshire as pleasantly green and wooded - I recall my first visit to Dorothea quarry late one winter afternoon as being distinctly Mordor-like

This is rather lighter, being taken from higher on the slate mounds. Lower down, with the light fading, shall we say, very atmospheric.