Ivatt 2 off the road

7mmMick

Western Thunderer
Not great news but I've just seen this happen at Quorn and Woodhouse GC, I think she ran through the trap point protecting the main line. Gala weekend over for her then !! No one hurt which is the main thing,

Mick

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 61
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 67
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 73

7mmMick

Western Thunderer
No unfortunately not, they've thrown the fire out and left her stranded! At least the main line is not blocked so the gala can go on :) :thumbs:

ZiderHead

Western Thunderer
:(

Always loved the 2MT, theres something just right about the proportions with that tender. The barely adequate power rating also appeals to me for some reason, probably because I imagine they had to thrash the rivets off them all the time just to get the job done :D

edit: were they used in WR? Its a bit before my time.

7mmMick

Western Thunderer
Now i'm back on the PC again here's a quick update from last night and a picture of the rescue party below. We were contemplating staying to watch them lift her back on the road but it looked like a long job. The oil burner fans with love this, a kettle rescued by a Peak !! :)):)) ( apologies for the dodgy iphone pic, the steam crane is in shaddow under the bridge )

2013_0427GCgala2604130036.JPG

ATB Mick :thumbs:

7mmMick

Western Thunderer
:pBut it's a big engine pulling a big crane

I have to admit it did sound lovely on tick over and even better when it set off. I know it's been posted elsewhere but maybe things like this will be the modelling of the future :thumbs:

ATB Mick