7mm Jinty's Western WB

Jinty

Western Thunderer
Here is a Dapol/Lionheart 74xx Pannier tank loco that has just been through the works.
7444 is fitted with a MX644D sound decoder which is loaded with a GWR 2-cyl sound project with dynamic braking on F2 and light and heavy load settings. Coal shovelling (F6) brings on the firebox light as well. This loco has had a large Bass Reflex speaker grafted into the space at the front, and sounds rather well for it.
a few bits and bobs have been added such as a spare lamp, small shovel, a bucket and some fire irons in strategic places.
She is very soon off to her new owner at the other end of the Principality from me. ;)

JWB30.JPG JWB31.JPG JWB32.JPG JWB33.JPG JWB34.JPG

More soon

David ;)

Jinty

Western Thunderer
Here is a Heljan Hymek on test. One motor removed and running on a Zimo Mx645R and two bass reflex speakers.

The Heljan tail lights have been exchanged for the correct single marker and single tail light at each end and the headcode lights are retained Heljan.

The marker lights are selected with F0 and are directional. The tail lights are selected with F10 and again are directional, and finally the headcode lights are selected with F20 and are also directional.

Here is a short video to show how the lighting all works independently.

Having one motor does not affect the loco's running on the average layout. I certainly wouldn't stick 12 brass coaches behind it on a large garden layout with gradients, but she'll easily pull 4 - 5 coaches around most layouts with no problem. The maximum current draw I've had from it with the one motor is 1.6amps. Well within the capabilities of the 645R.

Jinty

Western Thunderer
The Talyllyn Pannier fleet has grown by a couple more now.
One of the additions has been a Dapol 57xx in the shape of Tondu's 7754, short term allocated to 88D, before going off to the London Transport system to earn its keep in 1962. This loco is now preserved.

Here she is, out of the box, plates fitted and awaiting both a crew, sound and a pass over with the weathering stick!!!

JWB35.JPG

JWB36.JPG

The steam pipes need changing instead of those anemic ones, so Laurie Griffin is my friend.
I require another Minerva 57xx with riveted tanks to do 7724, who drove herself to Swindon for withdrawal carrying an early emblem right to the end.

Another Minerva 8750 sits here in a box awaiting a decision on number and shed, and that brings the total currently to seven.

Anothe arrival is in thye form of a Mitchell kit built 4575 class loco. Cannon motor and ABC gearbox and runs quite nicely.
The body will be stripped down, a few corrections and adjustments carried out and then repainted into BR Black with a late crest and numbered 5556 of 89C Machynlleth Shed. Her foray so far South will be covered by Rule 1!!!
I'll get the plates ordered off Narrow Planet ready for when I get a few minutes to sort it out.

JWB37.JPG

JWB38.JPG

I'm getting quite the bug for my layout at the moment, i hope it remains, I'll just have to manage my time a bit better.

David ;)

Yorkshire Dave

Western Thunderer
One of the additions has been a Dapol 57xx in the shape of Tondu's 7754, short term allocated to 88D, before going off to the London Transport system to earn its keep in 1962. This loco is now preserved.

7752 became L.94 on 01/11/59 and withdrawn by LT on 06/06/71. Unfortunately preserved in a condition she never actually ran in :( however I did capture her at Kingswear in 2018.

L94.jpg

LarryG

Western Thunderer
I thought Bachmann's 4mm 57XX with early cab had put me off for life(!), but the Dapol 7mm version looks excellent. It'll look even better post Jinty's weathering wand.