Johns LNWR gallery

Discussion in 'Gallery' started by john lewsey, 1 August 2013.

1. Ian@StEnochs

Ian@StEnochs Western Thunderer

Thanks John,

It's being reassembled after painting at the moment. Tender complete but still fiddling with the pipework on the loco.

Ian.

john lewsey likes this.
  2. Kevin MH

Kevin MH Active Member

Ian,

Is that chassis compensated?

Kevin

3. paulc

paulc Western Thunderer

Crikey John , how does the body fit on
    Cheers Paul

john lewsey likes this.
  4. JimG

JimG Western Thunderer

John,

Can the drivers slip if the chassis meets something like a buffer stop? If not you might find that there is a danger of burning out the motor if the loco is stopped for any reason when under power, or coupled up to a load which is too heavy for it. A method of adding ballast to a loco I have used in the past is to set the chassis turning and slipping and monitoring the current then adding the ballast until the current is the recommended maximum for the motor - and, if I remember correctly, the maximum running current for a coreless motor is quite a lot less than its stall current.

Jim.

paulc, john lewsey and simond like this.
  5. john lewsey

john lewsey Western Thunderer

The Cauliflower is making progress, I dont mind doing the chassis they always seem to work ok, but the top half :( IMG_20210607_174727.jpg

6. john lewsey

Yes that is a cocktail stick holding up the running plate :)

7. Kevin MH

Kevin MH Active Member

It looks pretty good, but the brass boiler fittings will make a world of difference.

john lewsey likes this.
  8. john lewsey

Hi Kevin, Thats on the list

22045 likes this.
  9. john lewsey

Hi my good lady found this for my birthday. I Will post the odd photo when I make it. Look at the name on the box IMG_20211013_183956.jpg

Michael Osborne and GrahameH like this.
  10. john lewsey