Just for a laugh

simond

Western Thunderer
Well, they’re not the right colour for SNP flags!

dangerous territory :)

I recall a couple of Scottish colleagues arriving at our plant in Poland and along with me and a few of our Polish team, going straight into a telephone conference with the directors back in the uk. It was the monday after the last games of the six nations. As we started, I interrupted the boss, to “make a quick presentation”, of a pair of suitably-labelled wooden spoons.

one of the Scots simply roared with laughter, the other visibly went through every facial emotion and expression before reluctantly deciding he’d better join in the hilarity.

Osgood

Western Thunderer
Ref. Missing Es in another thread:

A retired couple moved to rural Yorkshire where she became very involved in the local church.
When she died, her husband commissioned a gravestone acknowledging her dedication to the church, choosing the simple phrase ‘Lord She Was Thine’.
In due course the stonemason phoned and advised the stone was now in place.
He went up to the churchyard and was horrified to find the stone had been inscribed ’Lord She Was Thin’.
He phoned the stonemason and told him he’d missed the E off the end.
Stonemason apologised profusely and advised the mistake would be corrected at once.
A few days later the stonemason phoned and said all done now, so husband nipped up to churchyard only to find the stone now read -

’Eee Lord, She Was Thin’.

PhilH

Western Thunderer
Not sure how this will go down but we'll give it a go. Based on a joke by 'Teacher Ami' on Youtube:

Three men are hiking in the countryside, one is a Hindu, one a Jew and the other a politician. Its late in the day and they start wondering about where to spend the night but they are miles from anywhere. In the distance they see a farmhouse so they make their way towards it. The farmer answers the door and says "I can accommodate two in the house but the third will have to spend the night in the barn". So after a discussion the Hindu decides he will spend the night in the barn.

5 minutes later there's a knock on the farmhouse door and its the Hindu who says "I can't sleep in the barn because there's a cow in there which we regard as sacred, it would be a matter of disrespect to spend the night with it". So the Jew says he will spend the night in the barn.

5 minutes later there's a knock on the farmhouse door and its the Jew who says "I can't stay in the barn because there's a pig in there which we regard as unclean". So the politician says he will spend the night in the barn.

5 minutes later there's another knock on the farmhouse door, its the cow and the pig......