Lalla Rookh

T

Tinsnips

Completely new to this so apologies if it all goes wrong!. Attached is a picture of my GWR broad gauge engine Lalla Rookh.
The model has now been painted and if this works (!) I'll post a picture of the completed model.
Some very interesting sites on here especially the garden railway. I have a four track main line in the garden where I just sit and watch the trains go by....
regards
Graham Powell[attachment=0:32fnwd3r]101_0004.jpg[/attachment:32fnwd3r]

Attachments

• 101_0004.jpg
    101_0004.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 119
  • 101_0004.jpg
    101_0004.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 118

28ten

Guv'nor
Fantastic to see some Broad gauge :thumbs: I have built a couple of the Broad gauge society wagon kits. That looks a very nice model, I do like the Victorian era, it is sadly neglected in modelling circles.
You will find plenty of interest In any railway in your garden railway.

Simon

Flying Squad
What a fantastic looking loco, this place just gets better and better :)

A four track main line in the garden - wow!

T

Tinsnips

Gents, Many thanks for the kind comments. I have just fitted the nameplates on Lalla Rookh and also another one called Pyracmon.
The garden railway has suffered ( I'm not alone in this) with the winter weather and at the moment I have lifted and relaid three of the four tracks.
The poor weather isn't helping as I really need to get out there and bond all the joints. I will post some pictures when its back in action.
regards
Graham Powell

T

Tinsnips

Hi Gents,
Just to whet your appetities an old picture but hopefully will give you some idea of what its like.
regards
Graham Powell

Attachments

• Lauriebw204.jpg
    Lauriebw204.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 101
  • Lauriebw204.jpg
    Lauriebw204.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 100

Steve Cook

Flying Squad
Wow Graham, what a fantastic loco :thumbs: You'll have to excuse my ignorance, but what scale is it please?

As for the garden railway :drool: :drool:, looking forward to seeing more pics :D

Steve

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
Tinsnips said:
Hi Gents,
Just to whet your appetities an old picture but hopefully will give you some idea of what its like.

Half the Forum Members just fainted when they saw that picture.... :shock: :p :drool: :drool: :bowdown: :bowdown:

It looks like O scale to me (see the 16t Mineral on the right for a clue!!) and I join the rest in saying "more pics please" and also "Welcome Aboard", Graham! :wave: (love the UserName, by the way!! :lol: )

T

Tinsnips

Hello Gents
All the models are in 7mm scale. In the garden railway picture, I scratchbuilt all the engines bar the V2 which was left to me in a will by a friend.
I like building the locos etc and I just sit and watch them go round. I run a train of 30+ vans headed by a GWR 47xx 2-8-0 which makes a delightful
clatter as it rumbles round the garden. Passenger trains are nearly all LIMA coachs though I do have a hand made rake and also a rake of Pullmans.
Unlike some of my friends I'm not really a great detail fanatic. I only have three diesel locos. A converted Big Big Hymek , two LIMA 33 's and a
scratchbuilt Cravens DMU. Don't run the diesels very often but the DMU is quite often left running on the inner track.
regards
Graham Powell

28ten

Guv'nor
Tinsnips said:
Completely new to this so apologies if it all goes wrong!. Attached is a picture of my GWR broad gauge engine Lalla Rookh.
The model has now been painted and if this works (!) I'll post a picture of the completed model.
Some very interesting sites on here especially the garden railway. I have a four track main line in the garden where I just sit and watch the trains go by....
regards
Graham Powell[attachment=0:35ccsi5x]101_0004.jpg[/attachment:35ccsi5x]
If you have any, id love to see any more shots of the model.....

T

Tinsnips

Hello,
I'm hoping to take some pictures of my broad gauge engines when the weather improves(?). I really like to take them outside and photograph them. I am very pleased with the nameplates made for me by Guilplates.
I have never known the garden railway to be in such a state after a winter so at the moment I am lifting the tracks and relaying them. A friend of mine has a large garden railway ( 1930's Somerset and Dorset) and I'm led to believe his has been damaged by the frost as well. All part of being an outdoor railwayman!.
rgds
Graham Powell

Steve Cook

Flying Squad
Tinsnips said:
All the models are in 7mm scale.

Thanks Graham :thumbs:
I'll keep my fingers crossed for improved weather, I'm sure your Broad Gauge engine pictures will find an appreciative audience here :D

Steve