Laser Cutting Gauge 1 LNER Coaches

Oz7mm

Western Thunderer
Alan

I have had a go in 7mm scale. The prototype is a New South Wales Railways MCE 72'6" car. This has the advantage of having straight sides, but the disadvantage of being both pannelled AND matchboarded.

Materials are 0.8mm and 0.4mm ply as appropriate. I sprayed one side with red oxide primer which is close(ish) to the NSWR coach livery.

I hope your project goes well

JohnMCE unpainted close up.jpgMCE unpainted 10.jpgMCE painted close up.jpgPainted 11.jpg

Last edited:

Alan Wright

Alan

I have had a go 7mm scale. The prototype is a New South Wales Railways MCE 72'6" car. This has the advantage of having straight sides, but the disadvantage of being both pannelled AND matchboarded.

Materials are 0.8mm and 0.4mm ply as appropriate. I sprayed one side with red oxide primer which is close(ish) to the NSWR coach livery.

I hope your project goes well

JohnView attachment 188389View attachment 188390View attachment 188391View attachment 188392
John, That looks great!! What programs did you use to draw the parts and get them to your laser cutter? I am in my seventies and my brain gets logged out after a couple of hours on AutoCad. Attached is a picture of my Laser cutter. I am using 0.4mm and 0.8mm Baltic ply. It is very expensive when compared with thicker plywoods.

Alan

Attachments

• IMG_0204.jpg
    IMG_0204.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Oz7mm

Western Thunderer
Alan

I use quite an old version of Turbocad which is quite adequate for laser cutting drawings.

The laser cutter is an HPC 6840. It's also used to produce the buildings and other structures for Love Lane.

Brain doesn't seem too foggy yet at 77.

john

Alan Wright

Alan

I use quite an old version of Turbocad which is quite adequate for laser cutting drawings.

The laser cutter is an HPC 6840. It's also used to produce the buildings and other structures for Love Lane.

Brain doesn't seem too foggy yet at 77.

john
Hi John, I am using AutoCad LT 2000. My laser cutter is aliexpress.com1260.0US $ |4060 Co2 Laser Machine ,free Shipping 50w Co2 Laser Engraving Machine, 220v 110v Cnc Laser Cutt Machine, Cnc Engraving Machine - Wood Router - AliExpressSmarter Shopping, Better Living! Aliexpress.com.

Alan

Oz7mm

Western Thunderer
Alan

I only answered half the question about software. The HPC lasers come with a program called Lasercut 5.3 which does the translation machine instructions. It handles quite a few file formats.

John