Last night's (2/11/2020) outage.

adrian

Flying Squad
Hi,

My apologies if anyone was disappointed to find WT unavailable last night. (~9:30 to ~12:30)

Our hosting company has had some planned maintenance for upgrading the servers and associated software.
Zen Internet | Service Alerts

They did actually email me the maintenance schedule at the start but that was back in July so I did know about it, it's just I thought it was too far away to let everyone know with a warning about it and I'll do it closer to the time. Then I completely forgot about it. :headbang:

So mea culpa for not giving everyone any advance notice - but just to re-assure it wasn't a fault or a problem with the hosting it was simply a planned upgrade to the server.

Regards

Adrian

Dan Randall

Western Thunderer
Thanks Adrian - I thought it was something I was doing wrong! By the way, I sent you a PM recently about my now having to log in each visit - did you receive it please?

Regards

Dan

Tom Insole

Western Thunderer
I did wonder, I thought it was my computer having a hissy fit mid posting. Seems to have had a knock on effect of not being able of login on the computer now and when I was logged in unable to upload images to a post. Fingers crossed an easy fix and we’ll all be back to normal real soon :) cheers for keeping us informed. Nice to know I’m not doing something wrong :p

oldravendale

Western Thunderer
Thanks Adrian.

All back to normal for me.

Brian

Edit..... I can enter script OK but can't add image files. I've tried with files which have previously loaded OK and am getting a message to say that there's a problem with them. Is there a peasant trap somewhere in the server update?

Ian@StEnochs

Western Thunderer
Adrian,

I have had a problem with my I pad having to log in every time, still that way and showing ‘not secure’ in the header. Been that way for over a week. No problems with staying logged in on the pc or android phone though!

Ian

Dan Randall

Western Thunderer
Adrian,

I have had a problem with my I pad having to log in every time, still that way and showing ‘not secure’ in the header. Been that way for over a week. No problems with staying logged in on the pc or android phone though!

Ian

I’d forgotten about the “not secure” bit in the header - thanks for mentioning that Ian. :thumbs:

Not tried logging in via laptop, but am still logged in via Android phone, so it just seems to be my iPad that’s affected.

Regards

Dan

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
I've just checked from my iPhone and I too seem not to be able to upload a photo.

I shall have to complain to the management (tongue firmly in cheek!)

JB.

adrian

Flying Squad
Hi,

My apologies about this - I have been investigating this but I've not found out why it's now a problem. The update was due to security updates but for some reason this now seems to block the slick html5 image uploader that we used to use.

I've disabled that so the images now have to use the more traditional 2 step process to upload but it's not that onerous - I think this should work for most people - as long as an image appears below this is now working for me.

It's not ideal, it is a work around to let people upload images once again. I have a test site where I'll try and get the slicker html5 uploader working again. When I do get it sorted I'll let you know but in the meantime please test this fall back option and let me know if you spot any other problems.

silver_solder - 16.jpeg

adrian

Flying Squad
Thanks for letting me know - I'll keep digging in the meantime to get the other image uploader working again.

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
You're trying to really upset me with that image, aren't you Mike..........

Brian

well, it is slightly better than my meagre effort of 2004

31734 06.12.04 email.JPG

a David Andrews kit which I managed to put together without too much burning of fingers - a 74D Tonbridge engine from childhood memories.

regards

Mike