7mm Layouts and Dioramas by Stephen Fay, including Pontycwm, Newton Mills and St Stephens Bank

Pencarrow

Western Thunderer

Compton castle

Western Thunderer
Something I do now to reinforce the first row of roof tiles is to run thin superglue along the underside. This soaks into the card and, when set, makes the tiles more resilient. Best done before painting.
I just had a similar thought, I may add a thin strip of plasticard along the entire length, of course taking the roof on and off isn’t helping keep things straight but once the guttering is on it should sort it out.

BrushType4

Western Thunderer
I just had a similar thought, I may add a thin strip of plasticard along the entire length, of course taking the roof on and off isn’t helping keep things straight but once the guttering is on it should sort it out.
There is supplied with the slates a strip that should be laid first. That strengthens the slates, starts them off correctly and fills the gap. I’ll show you an example when I can find a picture.

Compton castle

Western Thunderer
There is supplied with the slates a strip that should be laid first. That strengthens the slates, starts them off correctly and fills the gap. I’ll show you an example when I can find a picture.
Ah yes I have that, I’ve overlaid the tiles so the ends are prototypically hanging over into the ModelU guttering, it’s because I’m handling it so much they’ve gone wonky as I need the roof removable to get the interior in. A thin strip of plasticard will do the job