7mm Layouts and Dioramas by Stephen Fay, including Pontycwm, Newton Mills and St Stephens Bank

Compton castle

Western Thunderer
Made up a basic framework for Marches road today, it will get plenty of extra bracing once the Intentio Model Railways inspection pits are installed, I have a pair here already but I need another 6.
The raised section for the coaling stage has been made and this will get clad in play and then with brick. There will be a brick arch retaining wall on the midland side but only about half way currently displayed by a track box. A small oil tank and the siding alongside to display a few oil tanks if it was so desired, on the road where the king is next to the coaling road will be an ideal place for a few 16 ton minerals and there will be a small yard crane included just like the one on Aberpandy.
This project should be done by the end of August,
6’ x 3’ I will be making Legs and a lighting plinth including a 4’ LED light strip, The boards will separate by the coaling stage making two boards for ease of transportation. 42” x 36” & 30” x 36”
The track will be hand laid using C&L components and the shed yard will be my usual filth and grime with plenty of details like water cranes, buffer stops and shed clutter to add9A772EF2-366D-418F-BBAD-624B2F798078.jpegB5F0CEAA-996F-49DF-8AD0-B0011837D6E7.jpeg98D6C181-8353-4C10-8E62-81D48CD20E91.jpeg

LarryG

Western Thunderer
HGU 790 3-wheel Scammel looks suitable care-worn and in the right carmine too. All too often it is too dark on rtp models. I often rode in one of these oldies throughout 1959 from Manchester Central to Victoria after unloading our pre-war Morris commercial parcels van. It was always a dash and fair-do's, the Scammel driver knew how fast he could safely take corners without a trailer while making good use of the external hand worked bulb horn.