4mm Life in a Northern Town - Ever more York

Neil

Western Thunderer
Against my better judgement I've been cutting and sticking cardboard together for the light railway platform. I worry about damp in the garage but I thought that if I sealed the card with paint it stood a fair chance of surviving; also I hadn't sufficient plasticard for both the platform and the next building I want to make. I've used mount board, scribed to represent the planked edge, stuck together with UHU and then sprayed with Halfords grey primer (upper face) and matt black (everything else). Here it is being test fitted.

nt 005.jpgnt 006.jpg

It then came inside to be painted and have the brick plinths fitted. The plinths are plastic faced with off cuts from a Triang brick viaduct.

nt 007.jpg

The dark space between the plinths only extends back by about 8mm, these spaces will be filled with weeds and ground cover to mirror the style of the DVLR seen here in this image of York - Layerthorpe station.

Last edited:

Neil

Western Thunderer
I've done quite a lot of making over the past few months, am I allowed to do a bit of shopping too? OK, here's what turned up in the post this week.

nt 010.jpg

Well I couldn't resist, a loco so closely identified with York for a layout inspired by my childhood memories of York and supplied by the brilliant Monk Bar Model Shop in York. All I need now is a Yorkie bar to go with an afternoon cup of Yorkshire Tea.

nt 009.jpg