Lima Class 33 conversion

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
The Hymek didn't seem to sell as well as the others, which is a great shame IMO, as it's the best loco they have produced & better than the JLTRT Hymek kit, which was quite an achievement & considering it's half the price.
I suspect that the disappointing Hymek sales may mean they will sadly not produce any more Hydraulics, which is a pity as Warships & Westerns would have been much bigger sellers.
I somehow get the impression they lost there nerve with disappointing Hymek sales & are perhaps getting advice from their major UK retailers now as to what the UK market wants, hence the 37,20, 33 & 55, the 37 seems to have been a big success, we shall have to wait & see how well the other releases do :scratch: . I think they really need to get there O gauge models spot on to achieve large sales, which is perhaps why the 47 wasn't quite the big seller it could have been :( & maybe the mk1's will end up in the bargain basement like the 35 & 47 did judging by the criticism they have come in for?

Cheers Phill :thumbs:

D1054

Western Thunderer
Phill Dyson said:
The Hymek didn't seem to sell as well as the others, which is a great shame IMO, as it's the best loco they have produced & better than the JLTRT Hymek kit, which was quite an achievement & considering it's half the price.......

Hi Phill,

I'm cogitating over getting a Hymek, and was curious at your comments about the JLTRT kit against the Heljan model. Can you let me know where you think the JLTRT kit is lacking as I was on the verge of expanding my hydraulic fleet until I noticed your comment.... is it a"value for money" comment or inaccuracy in the kit detail?

Cheers,

Ian

28ten

Guv'nor
D1054 said:
Hi Phill,

I'm cogitating over getting a Hymek, and was curious at your comments about the JLTRT kit against the Heljan model. Can you let me know where you think the JLTRT kit is lacking as I was on the verge of expanding my hydraulic fleet until I noticed your comment.... is it a"value for money" comment or inaccuracy in the kit detail?

Cheers,

Ian
to me the cab windows don't look quite right, I can't quite put my finger on what it is about them, but it's not quite hymek...
You could also have 2 heljan for the price of the JLTRT + wheels as well

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
Yes I would agree with Cynric, it's mainly the windscreens that are wrong , I don't know if it is because of the windscreens, but to me the all important face of the loco just looks wrong to me :? , I would go for a Heljan at half the price while you can still get one ;)
Cheers Phill :thumbs: