4mm Llanfair Rd

Discussion in 'WR Action' started by LarryG, 4 April 2021.

1. John57sharp

John57sharp Western Thunderer

Not so long ago I heard a bloke speaking loudly into his mobile phone while parked up in Bala, “I’m at Lake Llyn” …..
    John

Andy P, Geoff and AJC like this.
  2. borgrail

borgrail Active Member

I think we can take it then that the gentleman concerned was not a Welsh speaker;), I confess I am not (though I do have part of my family tree that was), but I thought everybody knew that, sadly not.

Andy P likes this.
  3. Focalplane

Focalplane Western Thunderer

Just like the River Avon!

LarryG likes this.
  4. borgrail

borgrail Active Member

I could show my age by saying " wasn't that a character in Blakes 7?" . I presume that it is an corruption of Afon?

5. LarryG

LarryG Western Thunderer

A quiet afternoon with Dukedog No. 9028 catching the last rays of the setting sun off the goods shed wall.....
    WEB Dukedog B.jpg

6. jonte

jonte Western Thunderer

A fab looking, smooth running loco that will even traverse curves tighter than 1st radius. I envy you :( It looks great on your weathered track, too, Larry.

Best.

Jonte

LarryG likes this.
  7. LarryG

LarryG Western Thunderer

A little stocking filler built tonight for Llanfair yard. It's an Intentio Coal Office. Guttering etc needs to be added. Nameboard and chimney stack come off for painting separately. Same with door and window frames. Everything fitted like a glove...
    WEB Coal Office 1.jpg

I have built a few of these in my time but this is the first in 4mm. I won't be using the base.....
    WEB Coal Office 2.jpg

Andy P, Muddysblues, Brocp and 6 others like this.
  8. BrushType4

BrushType4 Western Thunderer

Larry, Looking good! On this building the base was a concrete pad so its perfectly prototypical. Blend in with crud and dirt. The top doesnt need to be glued to this so can be removed if needed.

Wagonman and JasonBz like this.
  9. GrahameH

GrahameH Western Thunderer

Hope you don't mind Larry, I'm in the throws of finishing the 7mm version and it certainly is a joy to build with all the parts fitting where they should.

I haven't used the sign atop the ridge as it will serve as a small office on a new layout build.

G

IMG_4863.jpeg

10. LarryG

LarryG Western Thunderer

The base was a good idea, but I don't always use them except for keeping the buildings square during assembly.

Grahams is looking good. The dodgy drainpipe and spillage marks on the brickwork are neat touches.

Pencarrow and GrahameH like this.
  11. LarryG

LarryG Western Thunderer

The new Coal Office has a touch of the Spotty Muldoons as it stands and is in need of more work. But I am happy with the sign board in it's weatherworn GWR dark stone

Mr.Pearce Senior was a proud man. His father had shares in the Great Western and so he kept his coal office spick & span with occasional coats of GWR light stone, his excuse being the damned drivers had no excuse for crashing into his drainpipe! :p

Now that I've done this, I realize the goods sliding shed doors need toning down. Yup, they do slide....

WEB Coal Hut 6.jpg

12. GrahameH

GrahameH Western Thunderer

Noted ! :D

LarryG and Khris like this.