4mm Llanfair ....

LarryG

Western Thunderer
An escape hole for point rodding etc has been dug beneath the signalbox. A short section of platform was removed and the work carried out indoors...
WEB Llanfair Rd box 11B .jpg

During this process the platform was shortened by 4 inches. A key tool used when erecting fencing etc is a set-square from a Christmas cracker...
WEB Llanfair Rd box 11C.jpg

Steps down to the goods shed were added along with GWR spear fencing (Ratio 434). The post was made from sprue...
WEB Llanfair Rd box 11.jpg

The station buildings were moved back closer to the buffer stops earlier in the week. This area has been patched up ready for fencing and hedgerow etc...
WEB Llanfair yard 12A.jpg

Last edited:

LarryG

Western Thunderer
Seeing as BR's painters never touched the goods yard, the fencing remains GWR light stone. It was sprayed with Phoenix Precision enamel Paint and needs weathering yet...

WEB Llanfair Rd 16B.jpg

Steps down to the goods shed made from 80 thou Plastikard...
WEB Llanfair Rd 16.jpg

These small modelling jobs run into weeks, but maybe it is because planning is on the hoof...
WEB Llanfair Rd 16C.jpg

LarryG

Western Thunderer
The back wall was put in this afternoon using Hornby Skaledale. The road reaches a pinch point behind the station buildings so it will be disguised with trees and bushes. Note the white painted cornerstone that protects the fence and road vehicles from coming a cropper. The vinyl grass was shaped with a heat gun...
WEB Llanfair Rd 16D.jpg

WEB Llanfair Rd 16E.jpg

Last edited:

Gismorail

Western Thunderer
Fantastic work going on here Larry ….not that we would expect any less from you good Sir. ;)
That wall along the back scene gives some much more depth of field to the whole scene. You seem to be enjoying this build Larry and long may till continue :)

LarryG

Western Thunderer
This view was only made available to a camera by removing the goods shed. I think the pinch-point in which the goods yard lane is cut off by the station building has been disguised....

WEB Llanfair Rd 17A.jpg

I really wanted a bush here so I will have to look at what is available...
WEB Llanfair Rd 17B.jpg

A general view, although IMO is is still looking too 'clean'. All the buildings remain removable while I' dealing with the scenics...
WEB Llanfair Rd 17C.jpg

LarryG

Western Thunderer
More gardening & planting. Tractor tyres, lamp posts and seats required to complete.....aye and folk...
WEB Llanfair Rd 18A.jpg

Grass growing wild where the ants planted it and the sweeping brush misses it. Also tea stain from years of chucking it out of the window...
WEB Llanfair Rd 18B.jpg

More wild grass, some of it dead for whatever reason...
WEB Llanfair Rd 18C.jpg

Last edited:

Allen M

Western Thunderer
e.....aye and folk...
Hi Larry
I was under the impression that there weren't any and that's why the station closed.:(
Rather like the stations on the SVR before preservation. I like the effort to keep the atmosphere alive on the SVR and your modelling.:)

Regards
Allen