LNER J65

Marc Dobson

Western Thunderer
I got an unbuilt kit second hand many years ago. It's still in the draw. When I spoke with Jim about it he said there was a very slim to non-existant chance of the kit resurfacing.
Marc

Eastsidepilot

Western Thunderer
........... When I spoke with Jim about it he said there was a very slim to non-existant chance of the kit resurfacing.
Marc
Did he not explain why ?, the J65 and the N7 which also has not been available for some time would surely sell well to Eastern region modellers, especially when the trade seems to force feed the market with GWR stuff to excess, that half of us don't want, and then has to be sold at vastly reduced prices to get rid of it ( although that goes more for the RTR market rather than the likes of Jim !)

Col.

Paul Tomlinson

Western Thunderer
Did he not explain why ?, the J65 and the N7 which also has not been available for some time would surely sell well to Eastern region modellers, especially when the trade seems to force feed the market with GWR stuff to excess, that half of us don't want, and then has to be sold at vastly reduced prices to get rid of it ( although that goes more for the RTR market rather than the likes of Jim !)

Col.
Col, IIRC, Jim once explained to me that the J65 (with possibly the N7) were drawn during his early, impecunious 7mm years, and that two locos were included on the one etching tool (Meaning that demand had to be the same otherwise he was left with a lot of unsold etches on his hands). I would dearly like to see the J65 too, as something very odd has happened to the Ragstone one. On the good news front, you might have seen the cast J69 cab kit from Jim? This is a precursor to his reintroducing his old J69 kit, at a price point between the Starter kit and the J68.