Loading problems

DavidB

Western Thunderer
There have been several occasions recently when the Forum has declined to load and now I get, from time to time, 'An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later.'

Anyone else had similar problems? Sometimes I load another website and come back to WT and it's fine; other times it declines to co-operate. Most of the time, the Forum loads perfectly well. Odd, irritating, but not terminal.

adrian

Flying Squad
Hi,

I have been monitoring it, tonight's problem was a failure in the usually extremely reliable Zen hosting and not connected with previous issues. Something to do with the fibre connection to the Zen servers but they seemed to have responded pretty quickly in fixing it.

Screenshot 2024-09-26 at 22.32.38.png

simond

Western Thunderer
It seems to happen from time to time, but it seems to sort itself out quite quickly, so I suggest it’s either the web admin, or the provider doing some work.

come back later, all is fine.

ah, I see Adrian has posted an explanation. Carry on…

adrian

Flying Squad
It seems to happen from time to time, but it seems to sort itself out quite quickly, so I suggest it’s either the web admin, or the provider doing some work.

come back later, all is fine.

ah, I see Adrian has posted an explanation.
I've got my fingers crossed that the random occasional outages earlier were due to a deterioration in the fibre connection and ultimately tonights failure means a new reliable connection - somehow I don't think I'll be that lucky!