Loveless Duke of Gloucester 71000

Eastsidepilot

Western Thunderer
I had an example of one of these models here some months back it was deemed possible but too expensive time wise to go further with it.

Col.

Eastsidepilot

Western Thunderer
New axles for every wheel set, re-profile wheels ( unless fitting new wheels, i.e. cast ) mess around with pick-ups/ current collection. Problems can be tolerances behind the slide bars with clearances almost non existent meaning moving the cylinders outboard and or redesigning how the leading wheel crank pins are retained so that they clear the slide bars. Because F/S loco's are not always built to scale dimensions due to there narrow gauge they can be more trouble than they're worth.
Don't get me wrong it can all be done, not a job I'd want even if I was being payed, purely because of the time factor.
Don't know if there is enough clearance in-between the tender frames either, but if you've got one of these models you can easily check this.

I wont start on about all the brake gear rigging and ancillary pipe work etc, etc.

Clarence3815

Western Thunderer
New axles for every wheel set, re-profile wheels ( unless fitting new wheels, i.e. cast ) mess around with pick-ups/ current collection. Problems can be tolerances behind the slide bars with clearances almost non existent meaning moving the cylinders outboard and or redesigning how the leading wheel crank pins are retained so that they clear the slide bars. Because F/S loco's are not always built to scale dimensions due to there narrow gauge they can be more trouble than they're worth.
Don't get me wrong it can all be done, not a job I'd want even if I was being payed, purely because of the time factor.
Don't know if there is enough clearance in-between the tender frames either, but if you've got one of these models you can easily check this.

I wont start on about all the brake gear rigging and ancillary pipe work etc, etc.

daifly

Western Thunderer
If you still want a S7 DoG, I have an unstarted Seven Models DoG kit inc. wheels that I might be persuaded to part with. You can then 'build-in' S7 from the start.

Dave