Medite Tricoya - for discussion

Neil

Western Thunderer
Bung a wet one in the freezer for a few days. Mind you with a big chill forecast it may be possible to test in the great outdoors.

Rob Pulham

Western Thunderer
Robin, a suggestion...

Take a piece of dry material which is about the same size as the items in the bucket, weigh the dry sample... and then weigh a wet sample (after wiping the sample surfaces) For this comparison to have any validity the pieces need to be of comparable size and the "wet" sample needs to be free of carry-out from the bucket.

Hi Graham, sadly the only two pieces that I have of comparable size are the ones in the bucket.

We have had ground frosts here a few times in the last couple of weeks and as Neil suggests more are on the way so watch this space.

Rob Pulham

Western Thunderer
The test pieces have had a further two weeks drying so I measured them again and back into the bucket they went for another soak.

They still haven't budged ranging from 18.3 to 18.51:thumbs:

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Sounds good news so far. Would it be worth once soaked in water left outside so the frost could get hold and see what that results in.:thumbs:.

Its just an idea Rob, if you dont think it would achieve anything then dont bother.;)

Rob:)

Rob Pulham

Western Thunderer
Sounds good news so far. Would it be worth once soaked in water left outside so the frost could get hold and see what that results in.:thumbs:.

Its just an idea Rob, if you dont think it would achieve anything then dont bother.;)

Hi Rob, the other pieces are outside and I have been monitoring them but am quite happy to leave them out - they are only in an unheated green house to keep the train of them so they dry.

When they come out in a couple of weeks I will leave them on the decking with the rest.

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Hi Rob,

How's the Tricoya looking?.

Have you braced the underside ? and what size timber if you did, did you use ?. Do you know if you can cover it with roofing felt ( ie , would it affect the Tricoya with the felt adhesive.?. )

Rob Pulham

Western Thunderer
Hi Rob,

How's the Tricoya looking?.

Have you braced the underside ? and what size timber if you did, did you use ?. Do you know if you can cover it with roofing felt ( ie , would it affect the Tricoya with the felt adhesive.?. )

Hi Rob,

I am happy to report no change:thumbs:.

With regard to bracing, I have braced with 3" x 2" used with the 3" upright.

I have no idea on the roofing felt adhesive - to be honest I didn't know there was adhesive for it - all the felt I have ever seen used was melted on by using a blow lamp to melt the tar on the back as it was laid.

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
I have no idea on the roofing felt adhesive - to be honest I didn't know there was adhesive for it - all the felt I have ever seen used was melted on by using a blow lamp to melt the tar on the back as it was laid.

You can do as Rob says or can stick it down with Bitumen & weight it down overnight :)

Osgood

Western Thunderer
With regard to sticking things down on outside boards - you may be interested to know that silicone sealer is available in 'paint' form (and no you cannot spray it!).

As well as being an excellent adhesive (I've just been sticking oak skirting to plasterboard walls today with silicone sealant in tube form - but only use the best quality stuff) it will of course provide a totally waterproof layer. I have used the silicone paint to waterproof the tops of shipping containers.

Osgood

Western Thunderer
Rob, I think the paint I used was a FOSROC product. I've used FOSROC's SILICONE 33 in cartridge tube form as a universal gasket for machinery and for all sealing within the domestic curtilage for many years, but it is one of the most expensive and very few distributers seem to stock it. In fact I recently gave up when I needed some in a hurry and got the best I could from the local builders merchant.

If I remember I'll have a look this week for the paint container if I still have it.