Mid Essex Mrc Exhibition 15th September 2012

S-Club-7

Western Thunderer
The 35th Mid Essex Model Railway Exhibition will be held on Saturday 15th September 2012 at Shenfield High School, Oliver Road, Shenfield, Essex, UK, CM15 8RY. Open 10am to 5pm, free car park on site, free bus service from Shenfield railway station.

handbill-2012.gif

Further details available from www.MidEssexMRC.org

Colin M

Western Thunderer
I've missed Simon's thread. I need to catch up!

I guess a "good" review is always going to be subjective. I've visited this show regularly over several years (and exhibited there once). I go to quite a few shows only once or twice; this is one that I make a point of not missing year-on-year. I always come away feeling it was a good investment of my limited spare time and inspired to get on with some of those long awaiting workbench projects. (Which is not always the case for me, even at the big sponsored shows!)

In my view, there is always a wide variety of different layouts, local and visiting - different gauges/periods etc. There's something to suit all tastes. And a variety of different traders; it's not over loaded with "similar" secondhand OO stalls. It's well planned and has a really engaging/inspiring group of members that enjoy talking to their visitors. High quality modelling from the local boys, particulary in EM Gauge. It's a local club show, so not the biggest venue, but loads packed in.

But that could easily describe many shows around the country... It's very difficult to articulate (even understand) what makes the special factor that makes you want to go back time and time again.

So, not sure I can provide a definitive answer, but I don't think many people would be disapointed with a visit.

Colin

S-Club-7

Western Thunderer
Thank you for your comments Colin; you describe exactly the type of show that we've trying to organise for the last 35 years -- we must be getting it right at last! But then I'm biased so don't take my word for it, come along and see for yourselves.

www.MidEssexMRC.org has just been updated with the final exhibitors list which should correspond to the attached exhibition guide (print it double-sided and fold down the middle so the pages end up in the correct order)

Attachments

• MEMRC Exhib 2012 Guide.pdf
    349.2 KB · Views: 4

Eastsidepilot

Western Thunderer
Thank you for your comments Colin; you describe exactly the type of show that we've trying to organise for the last 35 years -- we must be getting it right at last! But then I'm biased so don't take my word for it, come along and see for yourselves.

www.MidEssexMRC.org has just been updated with the final exhibitors list which should correspond to the attached exhibition guide (print it double-sided and fold down the middle so the pages end up in the correct order)

I'll try and get down there Dave, not far from me.:thumbs:

ATB, Col.

S-Club-7

Western Thunderer
I'll try and get down there Dave, not far from me.:thumbs:
ATB, Col.

I'll be on stand 29 (modelling demo) for most of the day. You may get "volunteered" to sit in for me so that I can stretch my legs and get a cuppa!

Any other WTers attending? Make yourself known by handing over a cup of tea (white, no sugar, preferably hot) as all this chatting modelling is thirsty work.