Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Workbenches, including workshop techniques.' started by Mike Trice, 1 March 2020.
40 hours !! wow !!
There is an additional benefit in that it is easier to rub the sides down to get a smooth finish.
Estimate for the test print came out at 20hrs so I thought blow that for a game of soldiers and went straight for the actual print, all 46hrs of it!
26 1/2 hrs into what has come out as a 46 hr print job. The wait is agony. I WILL NOT CHECK THE PRINTER, I WILL NOT CHECK THE PRINTER!
Damn I just checked the printer.
Well, the print finally finished. With the toplights being thinner I managed to break a few removing the supports but have managed to fix them with superglue. Parts have now been cured and primed and I am fixing small imperfections, much easier with little detail on the sides. Hopefully will be ready to start spraying tomorrow. Revised chrome trim has been cut in readiness.
After some careful rubbing down and making good I was ready to progress.
Previously I had painted the model in the following order:
1) Sprayed Marlborough Blue on the upper panels
2) Masked up and sprayed Garter Blue on the lower panels
3) Masked up and sprayed silver on the roof
4) Handpainted window insides Garter Blue
5) Handpainted window toplight insides silver
For this model I thought I would change the sequence of painting and do the silver first as this would also do the window toplights at the same time. Here is the model looking more like the Silver Jubilee than the Coronation:
What was interesting was it showed up still more flaws in the surface preparation which were not visible using matt primer, necessitating further remedial work and respraying. Onwards and upwards.
That is looking pretty smooth to me, Mike. The adhesive foil will also lay down much better.
Senior moment for today. Applied Deluxe Materials Perfect Putty and let it dry then tried sanding down with wet and dry used wet.
For any you who have never used it, it remains water soluble after drying. Doh!
Well I have finally got the revised body to the state I was in 1 week ago:
Which means attaching the chrome trim can start:
Not the easiest thing to photograph but making progress:
That looks sleek, as it should be.
That looks fabulous Mike.
It's quite impressive how 3D printing has improved in such a short space of time.
It did need some making good!
Another experiment. The smallest lettering is 2mm high. Have Grandsons for home schooling today so there might be a delay before I can try these.
Sorry about the reflection.
Another senior moment. I should have included the "3" for the doors with the above!