7mm Minimal size, minimal cost, 7mm micro

Tim Hale

Western Thunderer
Hi,

Unfortunately, I opened the S100 thread, noticed the comment about Minerva, saw the FB video Notre 030 TU en zéro roule désormais... | By ChrezoFacebook and promptly had the following thought……….If I took the abandoned ‘layout in a box’ that comprises a main board and two mini-boards, all the scrapyard stuff has already been removed for recycling on the Inglenook.
Then I could remove all the 16,5mm track, keep the electronics and simply lay a length of Peco BH across all the boards. I can simply have a tiny, weeny bit of Soton Docks with a USA tank trundling back n’ forth for minimum expense.”

Not a great deal of logical thought but I have never thought myself as being sensible.

Tim

IMG_1723.jpeg

Last edited:

Tim Hale

Western Thunderer
Can anyone help?

Apart from the Bachmann hut, I do not own anything 0 scale (yet) but I do need to modify the existing test track by cutting a mousehole in each of the end backscenes. I could try to download a clearance diagram, if they exist for 7mm but experience suggests that they tend to be rather generous whereas my intended USA dock shunter really needs to squeeze through the absolute minimum…..

Some appropriate dimensions are needed, just the minimum height and width including Peco BH, I think that I can manage to create an arch with my Oxford geometry set.

Before anyone suggests that a plank with just a piece of plain track, hut and bicycle are too minimal, it is my limited experience that it will still attract someone if only to ask why?

Thank you, Tim