Modelling Portfolio

Joe's Garage

Western Thunderer
Some beautiful models here Nick,especially the Welsh examples....the pre grouping footplates are exemplary...and the crew! Mind you the NE and LSWR locos didn't go unnoticed either....

Did you paint them as well?

I am not sure if I am alone in suggesting this but you could post some here for all to see.

Thanks for sharing

Julian

Nick Dunhill

Western Thunderer
Hi Julian
Some of the locos I made in the 2000/10s (U1, Stephenson Black 5 and the 04) I painted.....and you can tell. It was around that time that I first met Warren Haywood and he told me to stop painting them myself as I was spoiling them. He was right! He's painted most of what you see, with Ian Rathbone doing the Cambrian 0-4-4Ts. They're both very skilled and their work will enhance your work

A mention should be made here (thanks for raising it) of the figures. I buy the Andrew Stadden figures with a choice of arms so they can be posed a bit better in the cab. They're painted by a guy called Evan Griffiths who is a war gamer and not a railway modeller. His work brings the figures to life and the crew give the model a sense of proportion.

Thanks for the kind remarks.

Nick

Joe's Garage

Western Thunderer
Thanks for that Nick. We have learnt a lot from the wargamers and it has trickled through over the past decade.

Do you get to keep some of these and do you have a layout?

Cheers

Julian

Nick Dunhill

Western Thunderer
No, I've never had a layout. The only loco I own is the EM1 prototype Tommy. Couldn't sell that, I was born and have spent much of my life in the Rotherham/Sheffield area with a long stint in Manchester. So all the time around the MSW line. I used to trainspot the EM1s in my youf.

Having said I'd never sell it, if anyone had a Triumph X75 Hurricane they wanted to part-ex...........