Magazine Modern Locomotives Illustrated issue 200 - The 'Westerns'

daifly

Western Thunderer
(Also known as Class 52s by the under-40s). Let the frothfest begin! The 200th issue in the series is on sale from Friday 29th March.

All true WTers will want a copy of this!

Dave

daifly

Western Thunderer
Well I've got mine and at first glance it looks very good. I drew a blank at WHS but fortunately our local independent newsagent had it. Feet up by the fire having a read of it is called for this afternoon, methinks.

Dave

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
Peter bought one for mint, one to read and one for the workbench... judging by the way that the copies disappeared from trader's stands at York his approach maybe a candidate for a future "Going for a Song".

regards, Graham

Locomodels

Western Thunderer
At the recent Southampton show I ran my c.1970 sequence on Highbury (lots of Hydraulics). One gent commented that he didn't like the modern image stuff much!!:rolleyes:

Jerry

That sounds just like me. I am one of them old reactionary fuddy duddies that think the world came to an end when they stopped using kettles. :))

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
I am one of them old reactionary fuddy duddies that think the world came to an end when they stopped using kettles. :))
Come come Paul, there are still some (small) parts of the rail network which run by the kettle, semaphore signalling oasis for instance.

regards, Graham