Trade Mok 9f Gets The Green Light.

Dikitriki

Flying Squad
Hi Dan

I dunno. I think Leamington is too big. You can't see from one end to the other; and think of the logistics of the build.

Heyside is less than 15% of the area of Leamington, and it's quite enough thank you. Even then it takes a team to build it - I lost control a long time ago.

With you on the MOK 9F; I have my name down for one. Given the quality of the parts, the excellence of the design, and the pure enjoyment of the build, IMHO it is splendid value for money.

Regards

Richard

Dan Randall

Western Thunderer
I dunno. I think Leamington is too big. You can't see from one end to the other; and think of the logistics of the build.

Heyside is less than 15% of the area of Leamington, and it's quite enough thank you. Even then it takes a team to build it - I lost control a long time ago.

With you on the MOK 9F; I have my name down for one. Given the quality of the parts, the excellence of the design, and the pure enjoyment of the build, IMHO it is splendid value for money.

Regards

Richard

Hi Richard I think you're right about the logistical side of things - I've never really grown up and keep forgetting that I'm actually older than my mental age - I'd never live long enough to do a "Leamington", especially as I tend to be a lone modeller! :oops:

I'd settle for something more manageable, like a roundy-roundy, incorporating a country station, with bay platform and a branch line that actually goes to a terminus rather than truncating inside the obligatory tunnel.

I'd still have the sodding great building mind - I'd put a snooker table at the other end! :))

Regards

Dan

28ten

Guv'nor
There does seem to be an optimum 'big size' given that I like to do it all myself that means its not that big :) I do fancy a 9F though

Compton castle

Western Thunderer
Thats great news Ive got my name down for one 92220 for me as she was used on the Red Dragon in June 1960. So is just right for Ranelagh Bridge.

28ten

Guv'nor
The thread was created by the OP for discussion of the 9F and its release, I shall be deleting posts 9 and onwards as they are not related to the kit in question. The thread will be reopened tomorrow.

daifly

Western Thunderer
Using any rational criteria, I can't possibly justify having one of these but as a 9-year old, I saw 'Evening Star' at a Swindon Works open day a couple of days after it was named in March 1960. The outstanding design and buildability of MOK kits means that I've put my name down for one of these impressive beasts to be built as one of the early 'cycling lion' black-liveried versions. I've told Mrs DF to start saving for my birthday/Christmas prezzie in a year or two.

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
great news on the 9F - I'd better start saving for the 11 Summers bogie hoppers and the brake van as well!

cheers

Mike