New Member Robbie McGavin

6th attempt.

attach files... doesn't work 'oops we ran into some problems'

using the top bar menu 'insert image' doesn't work either. Win 10 Chrome browser.

Sorry but this is TRULY FRUSTRATING.

I have recently bought a ful-frame mirrorless camera and in playing with it made a photo of Hornby's die-cast Duchess 46252 'City of Leicester'. Here is the photo placed on Ben Brookbanks Wikipedia Commons b+w photo of 'The Caledonian'. Approaching Carlisle Citadel from the north, near the Caley yeards, 1957.
Great fun thse new cameras, mine is a Canon RP with a 24-15mm zoom. Great model by Hornby too!

simond

Western Thunderer
Hi Robbie,
I’m doing this on my iPad.

click “attach files” below the text box.
Select “Photo library” from the menu
Select photo
Click “add”
click “+full” in the thumbnail

and lo, a BWT
D5A62B4E-356B-40D4-9303-8F8624465DF1.jpeg

HTH
Simon

adrian

Flying Squad
Now I keep getting 'oops we have run into some problems. the image id about 1.31MB ....

This is NOT INTUITIVE.
Hi,

1.31Mb for an image is a tad excessive for online viewing. If I have the right camera spec your max resolution is 6240 x 4160 which if you are using it is probably the cause of the problem. If you can reduce the image down to something less than 1200px wide, which is more than sufficient then it will be easier and quicker to upload. Also check that they are in either jpeg or png format. For example I resize images to 1200px wide and the size reduces to about 180Kb, i.e significantly smaller in size.

Tim Humphreys ex Mudhen

Western Thunderer
Simon,

If that is the case then my advice is as follows.

Robbie;
I'm a Canon user and have a 5D Mk 4 which is a full frame camera. I usually shoot in Raw.
I suggest you use the Canon Editing software supplied as part of the camera purchase probably Digital Photo Professional. Load the image in the editor and undertake any editing the picture requires. Then go to File and scroll down to Convert and Save. Here the photo can easily be resized and then saved to a convenient location, I use the desktop as a temporary and easy to find place . I usually resize to 1000 x 660 and set dpi at 70. This will result in photos that are small file size and will look good on a screen, although not high enough quality for printing. When attaching a photo click on Desktop and select the photo and it will load to WT.

atb
Tim

Last edited: