Trade New Product

Discussion in 'Resources' started by Pete Harvey, 14 December 2015.

1. Pete Harvey

Pete Harvey Active Member

I tempered the roof on the model in the picture with a hot air paint stripper gun in its highest setting, I was not allowed to use the gas cooker.

Jon Fitness likes this.
  2. Temeraire

Temeraire Western Thunderer

Fair enough Pete. It's a skill I don't seem to be able to master having had a few failed attempts before. I'll keep an eye out when for when it's released though as I may be brave and give one a go.

3. hrmspaul

hrmspaul Western Thunderer

I have tried to familiarise modellers with how common ferry vehicles were. These vans were the only large batch of ferry vehicles operated by BR, they provided the ships etc. and also a large variety of specially constructed wagons which were approved for continental use. A 4mm scale drawing of the van was reproduced as part of Bartlett, Paul W. & Mann, T., (1984) Cross-Channel Ferry Wagons used on BR in Model Railway Constructor Annual 1985 pp 18 - 29, edited by Leigh, Chris.

International Ferry wagons European and British

Because they were air braked the various BR ferry wagon designs were useful for conversions, so despite small numbers they tended to survive for a long time.

It does look like an impressive model. I must admit I am grateful it is too late for my modelling period, rolling the roof would be the least of my concerns when looking at the underframe!

Paul Bartlett

4. Ian G

Ian G Western Thunderer

the underframe looks a dream to build

Ian G

5. Pete Harvey

The frames are all interlaced on the joints and the frames for the first couple of day of the test build was assembles on a piece of mirror glass (to keep flat) and was held together with nothing other than the parts and gravity.
    I have designed the frames so they are self squaring and after some folding to form the channel sections it's just a case of dropping the sections in place and a very small run of solder to fix it all in place.

6. Compton castle

Compton castle Western Thunderer

That looks superb Pete, new in 1962!!
    I'm looking to start building up my wagon collection.

7. Pete Harvey

Well if you have one it will give OzzyO a good run for his money Steve.

Compton castle likes this.
  8. Pete Harvey

Well the Vix has been primed and painted over the UN-seasonal festive period just need some better weather to get a coat of gloss on ready for the decals.

SH109969s.jpg
    SH109971s.jpg
    SH109972s.jpg
    SH109978s.jpg
    SH109979s.jpg
    SH109980s.jpg
    SH109976s.jpg
    SH109981s.jpg

Pete

Pencarrow, Ian G, JohnFla and 13 others like this.
  9. Yorkshire Dave

Yorkshire Dave Western Thunderer

Nice model, who will produce the train ferry decals?

10. Compton castle

Compton castle Western Thunderer

That looks great Pete

11. Pete Harvey

The decals will be available to order in 7mm from Railtec Models you will need to contact Railtec for more info on those.

Pete

12. Dan Randall

Dan Randall Western Thunderer

Nice, very nice indeed. :thumbs: I had a 4mm scale Tri-ang one as a child, so it would be rude not to have the 7mm scale version.

Regards

Dan

40126 likes this.
  13. SimonT

SimonT Western Thunderer

Pete,
    can it be built to S7 width?
    Simon

Ian G and BrushType4 like this.