New trophies?

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
Today I was awarded a new trophy.... "Long term sufferer of WT humour" or similar. This is a trophy which is not listed in the Guv'nor's post on the subject (circa summer 2012). Anyone in the Flying Squad care to update us on current trophies and titles?

Last edited:

tomstaf

Western Thunderer
Graham,

Something that I've been wondering about more and more recently bearing in mind your sign offs - what are all the reference to dogs about (your profile name, the barking refs etc)?

Cheers

Tom

adrian

Flying Squad
Today I was awarded a new trophy.... "Long term sufferer of WT humour" or similar. This is a trophy which is not listed in the Guv'nor's post on the subject (circa summer 2012).

Anyone in the Flying Squad care to update us on current trophies and titles?

regards, Graham (who got off two stops before Barking and is waiting for a lift home)
Blimey - I didn't realise anyone was taking any note of trophies.

The available trophies are listed here

http://www.westernthunder.co.uk/index.php?help/trophies

I added an extra one in recognition of long term supporters of WT, the only thing it affects is the title under your avatar - nothing else. It's just the way the forum software is setup.

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
Blimey - I didn't realise anyone was taking any note of trophies.

The available trophies are listed here

http://www.westernthunder.co.uk/index.php?help/trophies

I added an extra one in recognition of long term supporters of WT, the only thing it affects is the title under your avatar - nothing else. It's just the way the forum software is setup.
Got my long term supporter award today:drool:............. for 1000 days of talking b****cks I think :rolleyes::))

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
Blimey - I didn't realise anyone was taking any note of trophies...
Well, difficult to ignore an alert which announces the award of a trophy. What does the FS get instead of trophies?
The trophy which is award for long sufferance is not listed as yet.
...the only thing it affects is the title under your avatar...
???? not seen that as yet.

regards, Graham

Steve Cook

Flying Squad
Well, difficult to ignore an alert which announces the award of a trophy. What does the FS get instead of trophies?
Doughnuts....
The trophy which is award for long sufferance is not listed as yet.
Cue Monty Python... 'Oh Yes it is' :) Its worth 10 of our finest WT points. About halfway down the list.
???? not seen that as yet.
I don't think there is a specific title for your long term dedication - you just would have been a 'Western Thunderer' a bit quicker if the trophy had been awarded some time ago.

Steve (who had the same thoughts)

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
Something that I've been wondering about more and more recently bearing in mind your sign offs - what are all the reference to dogs about (your profile name, the barking refs etc)?
Dog Star is one of the early GWR Star class builds. We use Polar Star and Western Star elsewhere.

There are a number of waggy tails here - golden retrievers to those who have yet to meet the pleasure of the breed.

"Barking" is an attribute which was given kindly by Jordan in a mixed-up discussion about what is north and what is south... when Jordan must have recalled an insult from Ploffy about "Doggers" being barking mad. Now there was a Barking Creek to the east of London and the idea of "Barking of the Yard" appealed.

Last edited:
S

Simon Dunkley

For those show their Scots, the fact that Barking and Havering are next to each other (and once had a Barking and Havering Mental Health Trust - sadly spoilt by adding Redbridge to it) has amused me for the past 20 years...

marsa69

Western Thunderer
The Colonel has been wibble for a long time. He hasn't just got two pencils in his nostrils but the entire XL pack of Crayola :p

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
And the green ones for holding open doors. I incidentally cleaned this reply up as you don't know where I was going to put them :)