NMRA show - 30th January 2022

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
Hi all, found out about this show recently through the Slim Gauge Circle.

JB.

JasonD

Western Thunderer
There is a standard gauge O-scale layout (Bevis King's) confirmed and I'll have a couple of tables with 1:48 models, parts and decals in O, P48, On3 and 3-rail. The P48 and 3-rail is mostly wheels, wheelsets and couplers; rolling stock and scenic details for On3. PM me if you are looking for anything in particular.
Jason

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
Thanks Jason, an On3 MMI K36/37 would be good!

If I’m honest I’m heavy into research phase at the moment, so not entirely sure what’s on the shopping list. See what comes along.

JB.

JasonD

Western Thunderer
What's that Jonathan, a spare K36/37? Hahahah... oh you mean it?!? OK, to be more specific, the On3 stuff is lots of Grandt Line, etc details!

Jason

mickoo

Western Thunderer
Thanks Jason, an On3 MMI K36/37 would be good!

If I’m honest I’m heavy into research phase at the moment, so not entirely sure what’s on the shopping list. See what comes along.

JB.
Then you should begin here;

The collection does not distinguish between standard and narrow gauge so you'll just have to look at all 4571 photographs, a mere triffle when you have to look through Otto Perry's 20500 or so, which I have done, saved and catalogued :thumbs:

I'm quite taken by these K-59s and later K-63's myself.

PhilH

Western Thunderer
A quicker way of searching the DPL collection for specific locos, say K36s, is to put in the Advanced Search Box "D&RGW" + the loco number.
For example "D&RGW 480" will give thumbnails of all photos which mention #480, some will be close ups and some where its at the rear of a train and hardly visible in the photo ! From the thumbnails you can quickly see which are worth opening up and by searching each member of the class you can fairly quickly work through all the K36 photos.

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
Then you should begin here;

The collection does not distinguish between standard and narrow gauge so you'll just have to look at all 4571 photographs, a mere triffle when you have to look through Otto Perry's 20500 or so, which I have done, saved and catalogued :thumbs:

I'm quite taken by these K-59s and later K-63's myself.

Thanks Mick, been peeking through there for quite a while now, far too much inspiration!

I’m mostly researching what diesels would have been around Alamosa ( I haven’t found a wandering ‘F’ unit just yet), I’m huge into that juxtaposition of NG steam and STD gauge diesels. GP9 for definite, and I think an Alco S2 on the list now to replicate #110. The Overland version looks pretty reasonable.

JB.

mickoo

Western Thunderer
Thanks Mick, been peeking through there for quite a while now, far too much inspiration!

I’m mostly researching what diesels would have been around Alamosa ( I haven’t found a wandering ‘F’ unit just yet), I’m huge into that juxtaposition of NG steam and STD gauge diesels. GP9 for definite, and I think an Alco S2 on the list now to replicate #110. The Overland version looks pretty reasonable.

JB.
Pish, rule #1, your train set so run what you like.

I find it inconceivable that F units did not run to Alamosa, so much so that I wouldn't even begin to try to look for justification. As far as I know they ran system wide, so as to not run to Alamosa, unless there was a weight or gauge restriction seems odd.

Anyway, a quick search to appease your accuracy anorak reveals thus.

Same train here heading East toward Baldy but from Flickr.

Odd lash-up. by Scott Roys, on Flickr

Between Baldy and heading toward Alamosa and just over the county line by my reckoning.

I also found this interesting detail around the back of the Alamosa machine shop, I think this is switch #99 on the track plan I sent you a while back.

This page gives a bit more detail for standard gauge engines seen at Alamosa but no mention of diesels.

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
Thanks Mick, just made my day with the St Luis F3 at Alamosa.

Will have a good search from that page…

JB.