Painting and lining

ZiderHead

Western Thunderer
Truro looks beautiful :thumbs:

I would be sedated and dragged off by men in white coats if I attempted that lining, you must have the steadiest hands out there. ever shot rifles?

dltaylor

Western Thunderer
Rob and everyone else, thank you. Your comments are appreciated.
Today I have got a little bit more done including orange lines on cab and loco frames. The camera is really cruell, to the naked eye it looks pretty much spot on but enlarged by the camera well!!:confused:

View attachment 18449
Warren
Looks absolutely perfect to me! And I had no idea that thre was lining on the front of the cab
Thanks for keeping us amazed,
Dave.

warren haywood

Western Thunderer
Thank you all, its always nice when ones work gets favourable coments.

I have recently decided to take private commissions for painting and/or lining jobs. For the last 10 years i have been doing the majority of Tower models painting jobs finishing around 3000 locos and about the same in coaches in 7mm and 10mm, although 4mm is not a problem.
If you require any info you can email me at wrrnhaywood@yahoo.co.uk or phone 07823555781 website later this year
I hope you dont mind my blatent advertising:)
Warren

adrian

Flying Squad
Recently completed Midland 4-4-0 in Johnson livery
Very nice - even lined out in the cab!

Do you know the origins of the loco - scratchbuilt / kit? The reason I ask is that I remember my Dad building one many years ago and I liked the lines and style of the loco so have always taken an interest in any that appear.

I seem to remember there were several variations on the livery of Beatrice - more lining seemed to get added at various stages throughout it's life. The photo on the Midland Railway site http://www.midlandrailway.org.uk/sites/default/files/1757-beatrice150.jpg even shows little v's lining on the end of the spokes. The reverser also appears to be lined out, which is when I realised that the model appears to be lefthand drive and the prototype photo indicates right hand drive, or have I missed something?

warren haywood

Western Thunderer
Adrian, It was a paint only commission, im delivering it to its owner on Saturday so will find out its origins but its a kit built loco. Looks like the cab interior splashers are also lined crimson on your photo, ah well too late now:(.

adrian

Flying Squad
Adrian, It was a paint only commission, im delivering it to its owner on Saturday so will find out its origins but its a kit built loco. Looks like the cab interior splashers are also lined crimson on your photo, ah well too late now:(.
Thanks for that - I appreciate that it was a paint only commission. I seem to remember that Janick models used to do a kit for Beatrice, I was wondering if that was the origin of the kit.

keefr22

Western Thunderer
For the last 10 years i have been doing the majority of Tower models painting jobs finishing around 3000 locos and about the same in coaches in 7mm and 10mm, although 4mm is not a problem.

3000 locos in 10 years? Good grief, that's close on 6 a week - not to mention the coaches! I couldn't do 6 a year, & even then they wouldn't come anywhere near to your standard. Your models are all absolutely incredible - but City of Truro is just stunning!!

Do you foresee any problems in getting cellulose paint soon?

Lovely work!

keith

warren haywood

Western Thunderer
Hi Keith, thank you.
regarding celly, my supplier has not said anything to me but I have heard for the last few years that it could become unavailable soon. This was due to EU legislation on its use in 2007 but nothing has happened yet. I have enough in stock for a few years yet and will buy more if problems do arise.
Warren

warren haywood

Western Thunderer
Hello everybody,
Hope you all had a great Christmas and New year.
I have been kept busy painting the usual SangCheng stuff over the past few months but painted this Mitchell 517 over the Christmas period. I also have a Finney A3 in experimental dark purple/blue with LNWR style lining which is a bit different. I will post a picture of it when finished. I know how much some of you like blue uns:);)

003.JPG

006.JPG

Rob Pulham

Western Thunderer
I saw this in the flesh when I went along to Warren's just after the New Year and I have to say good as the photos are they do not do it justice. It really does look something special close up.:thumbs:

Compton castle

Western Thunderer
Lovely work, I do like the early BR blue it's a pity it didn't stay around for longer! That duchess looks superb.
I'd be interested to see some pics of the tower castles if you could.