Website Petroleum Sector Class 37 engines in Scotland ?

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
I wish to find information on which Cl.37 locos, dedicated to the Petroleum sector, were allocated to Eastfield at some point in the period 1987-1989. Anyone know of a website which has allocation data arranged (accessed) by depot?

thank you, Graham

richard carr

Western Thunderer
Graham

There are a couple of websites with detailed records of class 37s such as the class37 loco group. But the info is by loco so you need to have an idea which loco it might have been. Is it going to be a 37/4 as they are easy to check. Or you could buy a 1989 platform 5 loco book.

Richard

S

SteveO

You could try BR Database (type that into Google). I've found it very good and quite comprehensive.

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
You could try BR Database (type that into Google).
... this is a fantastic allocation database and although there is some missing info it should go a long way to help you find what you need:

http://www.brdatabase.info/sites.php?page=depots&subpage=locos&id=192
Thank you guys, the link is useful - intrigued as to why the data seems to stop around the end of 1988. Interesting that there are no 37/4 entries (for example 37289/37408 was at Eastfield from 1985 onwards and does not appear).

There are a couple of websites with detailed records of class 37s such as the class37 loco group. But the info is by loco so you need to have an idea which loco it might have been. Is it going to be a 37/4 as they are easy to check. Or you could buy a 1989 platform 5 loco book.
True Richard, www.12csv.com is a very good source of info which is accessible by engine number so not so useful given that my enquiry is driven by depot.

If of interest, I am looking for a 37 in Petroluem Sector livery and allocated to Eastfield circa 1987-89. I have used the 12csv website to check the 37/5 sub-class (not too many engines) and the earliest 37/5 Petroleum engine is 1992. Peter has found a couple of 37/7 engines which fit the bill although preference is for a phase 1 engine (headcode boxes).

regards, Graham

richard carr

Western Thunderer
Graham

When I get home next week I will check my platform 5 book I'm sure it gave sub sector allocations. It could of course be that there were none at that time that fit the bill.

Richard

richard carr

Western Thunderer
Graham

Looking in my platform 5 book for 1989 37035 was a petroleum sector loco but in blue large logo livery, other than 37191 also in large log, all other ED petroleum SS locos are shown as in blue in 1989.

If you go to 1991 37080 was a petroleum SS loco in the railfreight two tone livery with SS markings, as was 184 and 188 and 707 and 708.

Richard

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
37184 appears to fit the bill ...
... 37035 was a petroleum sector loco but in blue large logo livery, other than 37191 also in large log, all other ED petroleum SS locos are shown as in blue in 1989.
Whilst my initial enthusiasm was sated by Paul's suggestion of 37184 this engine did not tick all of the boxes as Peter wished for a split headcode box engine. I decided to follow Richard's suggestion and explore some of the Class 37 websites which provide allocation and liveries by engine number... quite a mind numbing task when the haystack is big and the needle is small. Out of the blue I received a suggestion that I look at 37 359.

Using the www.12csv.com website I checked the allocation and livery details for 37359 - an Eastfield engine in the desired period and painted in Petroleum Sector livery in the summer of 1989, just before being moved away from Eastfield.

Needle found, all boxes ticked.

Thank you Gentlemen.