Plans for diesel Brake Tenders......

Hi Guys :wave:

I hope that someone here can help me :thumbs:

I was thinking of having a bash - when time permits ::) - at building a Brake Tender.

I have had a look around on the Interweb and I would like to get hold of some drawings and more info, yet I havent been able to source any drawings.

Could anyone tell me where I could get - preferably for 7mm - drawings from, any ideas of costs for such would be helpful too.

I dont know when I would get 'aroundtuit', yet the drawings would be a start - if not it I will have to save up for a kit - or put one on the birthday/christmas wish list!!??

Thanks in anticipation.

CME :wave:

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Mmmmm Brake Tender :scratch: I know someone who managed to pick one of those up built and painted (very well i might add) for less than a JLTRT kit :eek:. Lucky b'"*"*d. :)) Dont we Ian ;D

Rob :wave:

Steph Dale

Western Thunderer
I'm sure the earlier, more rectangular, builds of these brake tenders would be a very rewarding scratchbuilding project, in plasticard even.  Coupled with some good LMS 9' bogies, brake cylinders and details you'd be well away. :scratch:

The later barrel-top versions might be a bit trickier.

Steph

Steph Dale said:
I'm sure the earlier, more rectangular, builds of these brake tenders would be a very rewarding scratchbuilding project, in plasticard even.  Coupled with some good LMS 9' bogies, brake cylinders and details you'd be well away. :scratch:

The later barrel-top versions might be a bit trickier.

Steph

Hi Guys :wave:

Thanks so much for the responses :thumbs: :thumbs:

A second hand one well made mmmmmmmm that would be nice :thumbs: :headbang:

Thanks Cynric much appreciated too.

Steph, I thought that the round top build - sorry dont know much about 'em yet - may be achievable with a cut down coach roof (looks similar to my eyes - shall I get me coat?) I have some old Lima MK1 roofs and I also have a few of Peter Cowling's aswell. :scratch: :scratch: ;) :D

Thanks again,

ATB,

Steph Dale

Western Thunderer
Using a coach roof (or similar) is certainly an idea.  Once you get your drawings you'd be able to tell!  Just as an observation though; there are kits available for this type (not least the NQLTRT one).  The square type would make a change... :scratch:

Steph

Steph Dale said:
Using a coach roof (or similar) is certainly an idea.  Once you get your drawings you'd be able to tell!  Just as an observation though; there are kits available for this type (not least the NQLTRT one).  The square type would make a change... :scratch:

Steph

Hi Steph :wave:

Thanks. A good point well made :thumbs: :thumbs:

Dikitriki

Flying Squad
I have a NQLTRT one to do.

For once, I think it looks very good.

Shake the box vigorously and it drops out finished. I can take some pics of the component (sic) if you're interested.

Richard

D1054

Western Thunderer
I'd appreciate some pics of the JLTRT components, please. I've been thinking of getting one of these for a while..... :scratch:

mth

Western Thunderer
I've built a GJH Plant one, and it's sounds simaler to the NQLRT one :headbang:.
One pece body, just clean up and add handbrake wheel, buffers, and lamp brackets. Build bogies and paint :thumbs:.
(Transfers can come from Fox)

Dikitriki said:
I have a NQLTRT one to do.

For once, I think it looks very good.

Shake the box vigorously and it drops out finished. I can take some pics of the component (sic) if you're interested.

Richard

Hi Richard :wave:

:)) :)) I like it :thumbs:

That would be great to get the comparision ball rolling :thumbs: :thumbs:

Thanks for Posting :thumbs:

mth said:
I've built a GJH Plant one, and it's sounds simaler to the NQLRT one :headbang:.
One pece body, just clean up and add handbrake wheel, buffers, and lamp brackets. Build bogies and paint :thumbs:.
(Transfers can come from Fox)

Hi :wave:

Sounds great and at a lesser price....have we seen any photos of such here on WT?  :scratch:

If not - yes please :thumbs: :thumbs:

ATB