4mm Polsarrett: BR(S) N Cornwall Clay, The Final Countdown

GrahameH

Western Thunderer
Lots to comment upon.....in a good way but I've taken to pressing the "like" icon for now.

Whilst I think we're both following the same method to operated the servos with a simple switch I think this may be interesting to watch if I may post it here old chap ?
I may have considered this despite the cost had Dave produced it a year or so ago.....

Hope you feel better soon.

G

Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
Lots to comment upon.....in a good way but I've taken to pressing the "like" icon for now.

Whilst I think we're both following the same method to operated the servos with a simple switch I think this may be interesting to watch if I may post it here old chap ?
I may have considered this despite the cost had Dave produced it a year or so ago.....

Hope you feel better soon.

G

I did look at the switch box to aid speed but in the end decided I wanted the switch panel incorporated into the main board and also including section switches. Would have definitely been a timesaver though!

Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
Still feeling decidedly yuck so I thought I'd have a play. Sort of scene setting if you like, to see if it all still works operationally and visually.

I will be taking the roof off the clay dries at some point as the lack of roof supports jars in the low angle shots. I suspect at that point the temptation to further customise it and "make it my own" will also override the "let's do this quickly" initial theme.

IMG_20201229_120253_1.jpg IMG_20201229_120318.jpg IMG_20201229_120334.jpg IMG_20201229_120345.jpg IMG_20201229_120407_1.jpg IMG_20201229_120419.jpg IMG_20201229_120437_1.jpg IMG_20201229_120447.jpg IMG_20201229_120456.jpg IMG_20201229_120524.jpg IMG_20201229_120555_1.jpg IMG_20201229_120739_1.jpg IMG_20201229_120809.jpg

First train runs

Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
And low, it came to pass, that despite the perilous snot of nose, we have a momentous occasion.

As Mr SheepBloke put it: "Nice to see the brake vans heralding a visit by the Bath Railway Enthusiasts And Sylvan Travel Society. No doubt Norman Lockhart and Ivan Peterborough were present."

Quite impressed with the Beattie Well Tank, it last ran probably over 8 years ago and has sat in a display cabinet ever since.

Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
You can download (and print!) versions of the Stephenson Locomotive Society headboards here: SLS Resources (Free service)

What you really want, however, is the Plymouth Railway Circle disc (I think just a standard SR disc) and that needs a bit of effort on someone’s part.

Adam

Cheers Adam, I have plenty of photos of the BV specials in the book collection, I'm sure I could knock something up. Don't distract me just yet from getting the track painted and ballasted!

Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
Don't push yourself Mr.Pencarrot get yourself feeling better and then come back when you're feeling all bright and sparkly ..... we can wait !

Well, waiting over. All turnout servos fully working, all track live and all sections switchable. The little Beattie Well Tank has had quite an enjoyable hour wandering around the layout. Obviously just for testing purposes.

Things to fix in the morning...
  • A switch on the panel that is proving to be temperamental. Probably had too much heat when removing a previous wire.
  • Replace the screw that's come out of a microswitch. Must be on the floor somewhere.