4mm Polsarrett: BR(S) N Cornwall Clay, The Final Countdown

JasonBz

Western Thunderer
I think point #6 could be operated by a simple yard lever.*
If you are shunting the two clay sidings you are already occupying the mainline.
It's cheaper! (always a real consideration)

The goods store / yard looks better, its gives the area a more "spacious" look, though I might be tempted to shove it a little to the left for sightlines and space reasons.

*thinking specifically of Par Liner Siding as an example...or Truro yard

Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
This is where I got to. Track laid on temporary like to check which bit of the board top needs dropping down by 25mm or so. The fascia top rail is just on temporarily whilst the glue sets. It will be removable so the layout can be worked on without doing the head bash thing.

rps20201212_194838.jpg

IMG_20201212_191045.jpg

IMG_20201212_191033_1.jpg

IMG_20201212_191028_1.jpg

IMG_20201212_190913_1.jpg

The front lower fascia will be cut down to suit the land contours.

JasonBz

Western Thunderer
There is a nice smoothness of flow to the track there already.
I think my avid following of this thread is down to the fact it is kind of actually embarrassing me into getting something done for myself :O

I also wonder if the use of a light bulb box to represent the goods siding is a subconscious nod to Fitzgerald Lighting at Bodmin ;)

Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
There is a nice smoothness of flow to the track there already.
I think my avid following of this thread is down to the fact it is kind of actually embarrassing me into getting something done for myself :O

I also wonder if the use of a light bulb box to represent the goods siding is a subconscious nod to Fitzgerald Lighting at Bodmin ;)

It was about the only thing I could find laying around that was remotely the right size. There's never a provender store sized object when you want one!

Hopefully this project will get me back into the groove for Pencarrow. If exhibitions ever return, it may get me out and about too!

Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
The good news is that I didn't manage to inadvertently glue the top to the frame.

IMG_20201213_112709.jpg

Back out onto the garage for some cutting and gluing.

Last edited: