4mm Polsarrett: BR(S) N Cornwall Clay, The Final Countdown

LarryG

Western Thunderer
Nice colour photo of the cottage in the background.

View attachment 154103

I'm thinking that the guttering and gable end timber was probably green. I'm also going to introduce a bit more creamy colour to the render and knock the black back in the final weathering. One of the doors on the left gable can be seen open - looks a very pale green.
Photographers hat on. The sun appears to be high, so I would say there is no colour cast and that the render is indeed as seen....ie: cream or light stone.

JasonBz

Western Thunderer
I like the colour wash on the cottage under the layout lights - It certainly looks more like "what I know" - But I think the cottage in the picture is (or was) a slightly more yellow shade.
Not that the above really matters, cos it looks right to me as it is....

Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
I like the colour wash on the cottage under the layout lights - It certainly looks more like "what I know" - But I think the cottage in the picture is (or was) a slightly more yellow shade.
Not that the above really matters, cos it looks right to me as it is....

Yes, my intention was to introduce a more yellow finish to the walls and I did an experiment on the rear of the building. I tried a few shades and none of them looked as natural as the current dirty ivory colour. For some reason the yellow made it look toy-like in my eyes. So, on the basis that Polsarrett isn't a real place and none of this really existed, I decided to stick with the current colour.

You'll note that the layout lighting magically made the wall stonework painting appear...