4mm Polsarrett: BR(S) N Cornwall Clay, The Final Countdown

Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
So...

Work is 'fun' and I'm not finding quality time to work on Pencarrow.

So...

When I found some ply and some bog standard code 75 Peco when renovating the train room storage cupboards, I started thinking.

Something small, chuckable in a car and quick to build. RTP and kit buildings - an inspired by SheepBloke type affair.

rps20201209_213321.jpg

rps20201209_220051.jpg

Stock to be drawn from the remainder of the Treneglos collection. Beattie Well Tank, O2, Maunsell coach, misc stock inc clay wagons.

1500mm X 500mm, small cameo, just 6 turnouts. That's it...

A Christmas break project?

PS
1. No, I've not abandoned 7mm
2. Yes, I blame SheepBloke
3. Yes, I could save a few bob by scratch building everything but that takes time

Last edited:

AdeMoore

Western Thunderer
Looking forward to this! Excellent news with this starting and SB on his Upwool basin tramway what more could an armchair modeller want..

Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
Did someone say "track plan"?

No?

Well, tough, here it is:

iMarkup_20201210_080836.jpg

The highly detailed drawing is the work of SheepBloke, see I told you he was to blame, and is a subtle alteration on a sketch we discussed off line.

By coincidence, the plan has ended up almost identical to my original short-form version of Pencarrow before I made it more Bodmin-like. Mind you I'm sure that there are only so many ways to lay 6 turnouts on a 5' board...

Last edited:

GrahameH

Western Thunderer
Shocked ?

No not really....

Interested ?

Definitely !

This sort of collaboration with the Sheepmeister looks to be quite promising, and having looked at the purchases you may well have some fun.

I changed my original 4mm point whizzy things a couple of years ago to Dave's Megapoint control unit and also for the signals on my 7mm project, they are rather good and easy to set up ( lots of his videos on YoootYube if you get stuck or call him, very helpful chap ).

May I ask dear boy the origins of the servo mounts ( 3D printed ? ).

Oh !

Will there be a Pannier running on this new adventure, it would be nice to see one !

G

simond

Western Thunderer
Neat solution. Laser cut MDF likely to be every bit as good, but needs assembly of course.

watching with interest Chris, but looking forward to more of Bodmin when the time is right

Seasons greetings!
Simon

Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
Neat solution. Laser cut MDF likely to be every bit as good, but needs assembly of course.

watching with interest Chris, but looking forward to more of Bodmin when the time is right

Seasons greetings!
Simon

Yes I saw MDF flat pack kits for the mounts too but was swayed by the 3d print version as it came complete with the switches for the crossing.

Just been out into the garage measuring up all the ply offcuts which will become a baseboard. Planning and everything!

JasonBz

Western Thunderer
I like the look of this one, it has that correct "feel" almost from the inception of the sheepish scribble :)

The KMRC driers may need a bit of your attention though - Can't see that being anything of an issue for yourself though.