4mm Polsarrett: BR(S) N Cornwall Clay, The Final Countdown

Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
Not much, ok nothing, to report since the concrete painting. Between working stupid hours at work again, fitting a new shower in the bathroom and some heavy duty gardening I've not had the time or inclination. I've not even picked up a railway mag or book. What a sorry state!

NHY 581

Western Thunderer
Oh dear.......what you need to do is knock up a small, quick build layout...........oh, hang on...

In truth I know the feeling. My plans for another layout are taking a knock through work which is getting busier and looks set to get busier in coming months...

Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
Oh dear.......what you need to do is knock up a small, quick build layout...........oh, hang on...

In truth I know the feeling. My plans for another layout are taking a knock through work which is getting busier and looks set to get busier in coming months...

Thought of retiring?

1368 accidentally slips

Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
The fact that the new arrival appears to be a little unsteady on its wheels can in no way be attributed to the BWTs:

IMG_20210716_125351.jpg

I've asked and they told me, honestly and truthfully, that they had nothing to do with the incident, saw nothing and were nowhere near the scene.

A rock solid alibi if ever I heard one.

Case closed.

NHY 581

Western Thunderer
Delivery just arrived from the stash of Mr Sheep Bloke...

View attachment 145884

And a few more of the current state of the cameo:

View attachment 145879

View attachment 145880

View attachment 145881

View attachment 145882

View attachment 145883

I think it would be fair to say that progress has not been very progressive in the last 6 months!

If I could meke a suggestion.......

Fire up the static grass applicator and pop a base layer of 2mm about the place.

It will meke all the defference.......

Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
If I could meke a suggestion.......

Fire up the static grass applicator and pop a base layer of 2mm about the place.

It will meke all the defference.......

Well, that would require me to be in the house, which I'm not...
IMG_20210718_114833.jpg

IMG_20210718_114844.jpg

Adding a bit of grass has however crossed mind, as you say it would make all the difference.

Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
My concern Chris, if this is s quicky, how long is the other one going to take?

Howdy Pedro,

Nice to see you making good progress on your layout. At least one of us is cracking on.

Ah yes, Pencarrow. Still a live project but sleeping at the moment. Stock purchases happening from time to time and I'm eagerly (?) awaiting the arrival of a 45xx at some point this year. My 03 shunter has been sent up to the NE to be DCC'd and weathered. I think I'm coming around to the idea that I can't do everything myself!

I think come the cooler autumn I need to finish of the wiring on Pencarrow and build the fiddle yard(s). That way I can have something running at least.

I did set foot in the train room, which is effectively an attic space, yesterday and it was too bl00dy warm in there. Wish we'd put roof lights in the other side of the roof, could hav at least got a through draft then.

Oh well, back to digging.

Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
Did fairly well at the well on the domestic vegetation front. Doesn't look much but there's a bin full of weeds and it was a bit warm...

IMG_20210718_184704.jpg

Also didn't help that I had to get the concrete breaker out again to lower the kerb race backing.

IMG_20210718_125634.jpg

Heavy duty gardening.