Pontefract Model Rail Show 2012 Jan 28/29

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
Any thunderers going to this weekends Ponty show ?

Layouts attending:

Camp 93 Parsons Lumber Co On30
Oxenhope O
Great Burden N
Peffermill Road EM
Wansbeck Road 2mm Finescale
1918 OO
Sealane (tramway) O
Colinton P4
Oswalds Muhle Oe
Kirkby Stephen West OO
Grathwaite Junction OO
Oldham King Street Parcels O
Lake View HO
Glen Isla Road OO
Barental HOm
Colyer Street OO
Lego Layout L
Thomas OO
Wellington Road, Leeds OO

Traders:

Contikits
Unit Models
P & H Models
Back on Track
A1 Models
RCTS
Wizard Models
Model Railway Shop
DRM
The Signalman
NYMR
Milnsbridge Models
Andrew Neale
DC Kits
Modellers Mate
Right Price Models
Road & Rail Collectables
ELSECAR Preservation Group
D & M Productions
Uncommon Kits
NER Days
Millennium Models
Shawplan Model Products
Kirklees Light Railway
Electronix Connections
Prince Of Wales Hospice

Cheers Phill

Rob Pulham

Western Thunderer
Not sure if I will be there, Like Phill it's just down the road (I work in Pontefract). But I am not feeling too cracking at the moment so it will depend on whether I feel better by the weekend.

Kirkby Stephen West is well worth seeing. Its part owned by Ian MacDonald of Huddersfield MRC (I think), his main interest is early diesels. Many of which he has scratch built where no kit or RTR exists. He has also developed some 4mm scale kits for the MTU Brake coaches and the Dynamometer cars that were used in the testing of them.

D1054

Western Thunderer
Hi Phill, Its looking increasingly likely that I can get to Ponte on Sunday and I'll let you know when we catch up on Friday eve.

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
Great day at Ponty ! :) some great layouts in all scales to see :cool:

I also managed to pick up a bargain 7mm Class 25 at OO gauge prices, this will get the super-detail & weathering treatment on my workbench when the 121 is finished :thumbs: .

I had a nice long chat with Shawplan & hopefully there will be some exiting developments on the 7mm diesel detailing front to look forward to :thumbs:

Great to meet PennineMC too :thumbs:........I think we just about managed to put the world to rights ;) :D

Cheers Phill

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Great day at Ponty ! :)

I also managed to pick up a bargain 7mm Class 25 at OO gauge prices,

I had a nice long chat with Shawplan & hopefully there will be some exiting developments on the 7mm diesel detailing front to look forward to :thumbs:

Cheers Phill
Hi Phill, glad you had a good day at Ponty. Bargain !!! your not kidding ,if you paid OO prices. Pic please:thumbs:. What sort of detailing stuff is Shawplan looking at ,did he mention or was it just general.

Rob

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
Now that does sound like a Bargain!! You lucky so-and-so!! :thumbs: Wonder how that slipped the "O Scale is Expensive just because it IS O Scale" net...? Piccys asap please!!:D

I will post a pic tomorrow mate;)

There's plenty to do on it like fitting cab interiors,possible second motor bogie & a respray into BFYE, but the all important body shape is right, which is not usually the case with a lot of the old RJH Sulzer's:)

Cheers Phill :thumbs:

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
Hi Phill, glad you had a good day at Ponty. Bargain !!! your not kidding ,if you paid OO prices. Pic please:thumbs:. What sort of detailing stuff is Shawplan looking at ,did he mention or was it just general.

Rob
Shawplan would like to hear from 7mm modelers as to what they would like to see made, SO EMAIL SHAWPLAN WITH WHAT YOU WOULD LIKE;) :D , they do already do a few nice bits for Heljans & they have been on site visits to Western Courier & Greyhound, I was shown some Warship roof fan grills for both North British & Swindon types which were very nice indeed & some 7mm 47 names :cool:

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
Here's a quick pic of the 25/1 I picked up yesterday.........plenty to do as I say, but I reckon once it's been through the Withercombe workshops, it will make a presentable 25/1 :). I have been wanting a 25/1 for ages, in fact I did pick up a Steve Beattie Class 24 cheaply with the intention of converting that, but in the end I thought better of it & it was transferred to Tipton & Dudley Port:cool:
The loco will end up as 5213 in BFYE livery, which when it was renumbered to 25063 was the last loco to traverse the Ilfracombe branch :(

XL806499.JPG

ant31117

Western Thunderer
Looks good Phill, what make of kit is it?

I went to the show today, and I have to say it was the best Ponte show I've ever been to, with plenty of blue diesel layouts. I especially enjoyed Oldham King Street Parcels in 7mm, which I've not seen before. Great to have a chat to Ian (Pennine MC) and Brian from Shawplan too. :thumbs:

Ant

28ten

Guv'nor
The 25/1 with old nose doors/small centre windows was always my favourite type of 25... probably 'cos my second-ever model loco was a Hornby 25 in Green....
So was mine :)
the model looks pretty tidy, easier than smashing a steve beattie kit into shape

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
Looks good Phill, what make of kit is it?

I went to the show today, and I have to say it was the best Ponte show I've ever been to, with plenty of blue diesel layouts. I especially enjoyed Oldham King Street Parcels in 7mm, which I've not seen before. Great to have a chat to Ian (Pennine MC) and Brian from Shawplan too. :thumbs:

Ant
Hi Ant :)

It's a Post War Prototypes,RJH,Wagon & Carriage Works or Nigel Stanley :confused: (all the same kit :)) ) , which I believe may be still available from PRMRP ;)
I do hope you badgered Brian at Shawplan with your 7mm wishlist (sorry for using the forum swear word :)) )